This phone is a sleeper!

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Guys I have owned a lot of android phones and this one tops them all in one area - reception. This is the only phone that has ever picked up a consistent 4G signal at my house. The Galaxy Nexus literally would not pick up any signal. The S3 barely picked up any signal, much less a 4G one. Both the Razr and the Razr M picked up a solid 3G signal but rarely 4G. This phone has not left 4G since I have had it. The screen is great too. It is fast and priced right. The delivered Thor theme is really cool too. I NEVER thought I would praise an LG phone like this.

My main dislike is some of the design choices like the power button and notification signal being on top. However with the reception being what it is and the screen being very good, I can deal with the design issues. A sleeper of a phone if you ask me that will probably sell about as many as the number of posts in this forum!

Come on guys I know some more of you have this phone. Post some impressions.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
My girl got it for $50 on amazon. Amazing screen. Good performance. I'm jealous.

I'll post a picture of the case she gets in. Be sure and read the cases thread, the amazon and eBay case descriptions lie.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

JimiMack

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just gave up after going through 6 Rezounds this year and look forward to the Spectrum 2. Now I will be even more impressed if the bootloader gets unlocked and we some Roms for this phone.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Just gave up after going through 6 Rezounds this year and look forward to the Spectrum 2. Now I will be even more impressed if the bootloader gets unlocked and we some Roms for this phone.

I wouldn't hold my breath... it's a great device, but not a huge community.

jm85

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My Spectrum 2 is arriving Monday, and I'm really excited to get going with it. I just switched over from IOS and I'm really astounded that there isn't more of a community for this phone. The price and the specs should have people who can't afford something like an S3 or the RAZR MAXX HD or some of those higher tiered phones flocking to it. Granted I've had 0 hands on with it yet so this is all just from my research. Could it be that LG's record of updates might keep people away from their devices?

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
My Spectrum 2 is arriving Monday, and I'm really excited to get going with it. I just switched over from IOS and I'm really astounded that there isn't more of a community for this phone. The price and the specs should have people who can't afford something like an S3 or the RAZR MAXX HD or some of those higher tiered phones flocking to it. Granted I've had 0 hands on with it yet so this is all just from my research. Could it be that LG's record of updates might keep people away from their devices?

Sweet. I recommend switching to apex and using a different weather widget due to the battery and some funny loading quirks. Also, if you are roaming or have weak signal, be sure and switch to battery save mode.

My girl was getting horrible battery life at first, but after a week of cycles, and those little changes, she gets 12 hours of talk time no problem.

jm85

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I've been spending the evening setting up my phone, which came today, and I am in love with this thing. It's been great aside from one thing that I thought I had already worked out a workaround for but apparently not. I still use a mac computer so transferring files (mp3s mainly) onto my phone is proving harder than I had originally thought. I found an article that said using doubletwist and mounting the device as a drive would solve the problem.... Until I realized that that is not an option on this handset... Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I've been spending the evening setting up my phone, which came today, and I am in love with this thing. It's been great aside from one thing that I thought I had already worked out a workaround for but apparently not. I still use a mac computer so transferring files (mp3s mainly) onto my phone is proving harder than I had originally thought. I found an article that said using doubletwist and mounting the device as a drive would solve the problem.... Until I realized that that is not an option on this handset... Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Use google music match. It has it's drawbacks, but once you figure it out, it is good. Just download the app on your mac, and it'll do the rest. And you won't have to take up storage space.

I did it on my mac, using my nexus. Super fast.

My girl uses sugar sync for her spectrum. She likes that it syncs photos too, but I'd just go with google.

jm85

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have tried Music Match... I love the idea but it keeps locking up my computer. It gets to about 150-200 songs uploaded and I get the beach ball and I've tried to wait it out. 45 min still no change. I was thinking that manually uploading tracks in smaller portions might be an idea?

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Huh... no idea why that happens. Maybe just let the beach ball work over night and see what comes up?

Or... put a few hundred songs in a folder, and just sync that folder, then add a folder, and repeat until you finish. I'd guess that will get tedious.

You could do sugar sync, but I really have been impressed with google's service, and you can use headphone controllers with the app now.

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I was looking into rooting this phone but after getting ICS and being able to disable a lot of the crap im not going to bother with it. I like the way t runs now.
So im leaving well enough alone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084