Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessica Kantor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Received message while deleting texts, notification won't disappear?

After noticing that I had waaaay too many texts in my inbox today, I went through and deleted most of the threads hoping to clear up some space. I received a message from one of those people I was deleting messages from while the texts were erasing. There's a notification in the bar and it says "message (1)" on the home screen, but when I tap the notification to reply, it takes me to a blank message. I tried sending a text to the person it was from, clearing the messaging data, force stopping, turning the phone off, nothing works...I'm super anal when it comes to that stupid notification bar, so if someone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Default Re: Received message while deleting texts, notification won't disappear?

Go to settings, apps, messaging, clear cache, restart phone. Or, just turn if notifications in the app and reset, then turn them back on

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Received message while deleting texts, notification won't disappear?

Hey I'm running into this problem as well and nothing seems to work. Is there another solution.

I fixed this one by accident today. I did all the stuff you did and then some and nothing worked. I had an app open (facebook or pinterest maybe?) and I received a text in the pop-up window. If you notice the pop-up shows (1/2) in the upper right hand corner, so if you swipe it to read the hidden text (2/2) your phone should recognize that you've opened the text, and the notification should go away. Hope that helps!
    Thanked by:
    buckeye4ever likes this.

Jessica - this one had me stumped and your fix worked. THANK YOU!!!! You ROCK!

Hey everyone. New to the forum, but I've had a Spectrum 2 for about a year and a half. I recently received a text message from an automated service I use, and I'm now having the same issue as above (message indicator won't go away, brings up new message when clicked on).
    I've pulled the battery, restarted, cleared apps & ram, swiped the message (I was so hoping that would work!) and everything else I could think of or find on a forum.

Help? :/