lg spectrum 2 sd card unexpectedly removed

crcucb

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a Verizon LG Spectrum 2. The SDCARD was unmounting itself. I changed cards, it continued to happened. I then had Verizon replaced the phone, and it did it again

I formatted the card in then I copied the card contents back to it with the phone plugged into my computer.

This seemed to work for a while, but now it's doing it again.

It seems like it's an issue with this model of phone.

Thoughts?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a Verizon LG Spectrum 2. The SDCARD was unmounting itself. I changed cards, it continued to happened. I then had Verizon replaced the phone, and it did it again

I formatted the card in then I copied the card contents back to it with the phone plugged into my computer.

This seemed to work for a while, but now it's doing it again.

It seems like it's an issue with this model of phone.

Thoughts?
Are there any updates available? I suspect its a hardware issue and something is going bad. It's kind of hard to explain two different devices, different sd cards and both are having this issue. Does she remove the internal sd card often?

SavSF

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my LG Spectrum 2. The photos I took were saving properly only a fraction of the time. When I brought it back to Verizon, they said it was a hardware issue and replaced my phone--but not the SD card. The first few photos I took on the new phone saved properly, but then they stopped saving properly. So, I went back to Verizon and they told me this was an LG issue, so I contacted LG. LG said that they weren't responsible for the problem because they're only responsible for the phone itself and if I'd gotten a new phone and still had the problem then it wasn't the phone, it was the Android software and/or the SD card, which they said they weren't responsible for, that it was Verizon's issue.

Just a few days ago, the phone said the SD card had unexpectedly unmounted and all the photos disappeared. So, I thought maybe the SD card is the problem. So, I took it back to Verizon and they said to contact LG because they're not responsible for the SD cards--ugh! Now, seeing your post, I'm concerned that even if I go to the expense of replacing the SD card, it still won't work. So frustrating! Did you end up finding a fix? Should I try a new SD card and hope for the best or is the LG Spectrum 2 just not the way to go? I've not really had any other issues with this phone, so I'm reluctant to replace it and would just love it if I could take pictures that were saved! Thanks for your feedback.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463