Verizon alternative replacement

thesavo

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, I was hoping for some help in deciding on an alternative replacement from Verizon Wireless.

I am on my 4th LG Revolution and it's time for an alternative replacement, and these are my choices.
LG Lucid 2 LG Lucid 2 Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
LG Specturm 2 LG Spectrum 2 Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
Motorol RAZR HD Motorola Droid RAZR HD Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

Short Version - Does anyone have experience they would like to share with these phones in the following categories? As it goes, I am leaning towards the RZAR, since I feel that it is a major player.
Call quality.
battery time.
Rooting/Rom-ing?
Media Control headsets
feeling of available support from others on these devices.

Long version.

My needs are podcast consumption, and I read a lot of forums so I have Tapatalk and Forum Runner installed a few times. I use Waze a lot when when I am in the car, and I snap a lot of pictures for writing howto's. Even with a few basic apps installed, the Revolution buckles and lags between app switching and home screens.

I Need my phone rooted for testing corporate VPN, connections. I am a fan of freezing, big-red's bloatware to speed up the phone. I work in IT so know that I have a tenancy to push a device to it's limits.

I did some research and processors in all of them are dual core. The Lucid is 1.2 GHz, while the razr and Spectrum a 1.5 GHz. My thoughts on that are that it will only matter in a year or so, if Ubuntu or FireFox phone OS is still available to play with. I would like to run Cyanogen mod again. (last ran on my OG Droid).

My thoughts are that the Lucid 2 and the Spectrum 2 are mid level phones, so I feel that the LG devices will have much less of a userbase here and on other boards. I am not a fan of the non-removal battery in the RAZR. My wife received that model for her Alternative replacement, she went through three of those before one would finally activate correctly.

I run my podcasts through beyondpod and I love it. I would like to find a phone that would respond to FF/RR controls on a multi button headset. I have had little luck finding info models that have been found to support FF/RW on a headset like the Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech