Garbled voice calls - Verizon says they can't fix

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I had garbled voice issues so I took the phone back to Verizon today. They replaced my sim, no change, replaced the device, no change. They then called tech support and said that there was no fix available and I'd just have to live with it until Samsung acknowledged the problem and issued a patch.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had garbled voice issues so I took the phone back to Verizon today. They replaced my sim, no change, replaced the device, no change. They then called tech support and said that there was no fix available and I'd just have to live with it until Samsung acknowledged the problem and issued a patch.

im feeling super grateful for the phone i received....no issues at all....running great

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've been fortunate to not have that issue/problem with my handset. I really hope it gets resolved soon. Just out of curiosity, does is it garbled from your end (speaking into the mic) or their end (speaker)? If it's the latter, is the quality of the sound the same on speaker phone?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

waywardzeek

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Having same issues. To my knowledge it's clear on the other end. Crazy experiment though...As you are on a call there is a weird round icon towards the top left of the screen. Click on that and change from Auto to Clear and see if that helps. Pics below
1381979258512.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The only issues I have had in calls in my bluetooth headset seems to be hard to hear when using. People on the other side have no problem hearing me. Don't remember having this issue with the headset before. However used it this morning and it was a little better.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to just live with it - if you're within your return period, return it. I sent two back (on Sprint), same thing - really really lousy call quality. Not all calls, but well over half, maybe 3/4 of them. I'm thinking it's Samsung, and a batch (or batches) of phones.

ANewPlay256

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to just live with it - if you're within your return period, return it. I sent two back (on Sprint), same thing - really really lousy call quality. Not all calls, but well over half, maybe 3/4 of them. I'm thinking it's Samsung, and a batch (or batches) of phones.

You've sent two back, does that mean the third one is working fine for you?

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
You've sent two back, does that mean the third one is working fine for you?
Not yet, picking it up tonight. Sadly, it seems like the poor voice quality is pretty hit/miss. Hope it misses me this time. Will post up and let you know.

Been a frustrating time, but I have got to play with the in-store demo Gear watch a lot. Very cool, but not worth $300 to me.

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine is crackling as well, bought the phone a few days ago...i can return to any verizon store right?

Posted via Android Central App

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem when I first received my phone, it seems like it was isolated to a certain area. I was staying at a hotel in MD and every call was garbled, but when I left that area my phone calls were normal.

I was ready to return this mofo!

Word2YaMamma

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I thought the volume was too low, but I had it on high. It was only when into settings then call and unticked voice privacy it sounded alot better. Had no problems so far.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

The Verizon LG g2 and the Verizon moto x, also have these problems. I Read reviews on Verizons site, as well as here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...tatic-crackles-pops-squeals-during-calls.html . So I think it's something to do with the cdma chip. Also my current phone also suffers from this the DROID dna. So, every time I'm ready to get a new phone I read about the bad call quality and I'm like looks like the only solution is to leave Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am just wondering how many bars of service do you have when this happens? Also have you tried your calls in different locations to see if it may just be that cell tower or interference in that area?

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
For me, I could move around, and still had the issue. I never used the bluetooth setting, but tried on speaker, and with headphones, and normal call. Tried all the adjustments shown on the call screen, and still nothing. It was only on my end, no matter who I called, be it land line, or cell phone.

I can have it happen on full battery, or 20% battery, on a charger even, and 3 bars or 5. So, it was clearly tied to the phone. Hopefully phone 2 won't have any issues.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
That sounds more like interference or possibly an antenna receiver issue as it is only happening on the receiving channel and not both receiving and sending channelds.

Robert Reid1

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Got my note 3 10-19-13 no one could hear me talk unless I put phone on speaker. Took back to store later that day and they determined that my speaker in the phone was broken and replaced with a new phone which now works fine. So your speaker my be defective.

waywardzeek

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
As a follow up. Talked to Verizon support today and they acknowledge the issue and stated a fix is in the works with samsung. No ETA yet. So stay tuned. Assuming a fix similar to the one sprint got.