Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Garbled voice calls - Verizon says they can't fix

I had garbled voice issues so I took the phone back to Verizon today. They replaced my sim, no change, replaced the device, no change. They then called tech support and said that there was no fix available and I'd just have to live with it until Samsung acknowledged the problem and issued a patch.

Default Re: Garbled voice calls - Verizon says they can't fix

Quote Originally Posted by slide83 View Post
    I had garbled voice issues so I took the phone back to Verizon today. They replaced my sim, no change, replaced the device, no change. They then called tech support and said that there was no fix available and I'd just have to live with it until Samsung acknowledged the problem and issued a patch.
    im feeling super grateful for the phone i received....no issues at all....running great
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    CM7 Nightly

Yeah, I've been fortunate to not have that issue/problem with my handset. I really hope it gets resolved soon. Just out of curiosity, does is it garbled from your end (speaking into the mic) or their end (speaker)? If it's the latter, is the quality of the sound the same on speaker phone?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Having same issues. To my knowledge it's clear on the other end. Crazy experiment though...As you are on a call there is a weird round icon towards the top left of the screen. Click on that and change from Auto to Clear and see if that helps. Pics below
    Garbled voice calls - Verizon says they can't fix-1381979258512.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Android4life

The only issues I have had in calls in my bluetooth headset seems to be hard to hear when using. People on the other side have no problem hearing me. Don't remember having this issue with the headset before. However used it this morning and it was a little better.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

You don't have to just live with it - if you're within your return period, return it. I sent two back (on Sprint), same thing - really really lousy call quality. Not all calls, but well over half, maybe 3/4 of them. I'm thinking it's Samsung, and a batch (or batches) of phones.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    You don't have to just live with it - if you're within your return period, return it. I sent two back (on Sprint), same thing - really really lousy call quality. Not all calls, but well over half, maybe 3/4 of them. I'm thinking it's Samsung, and a batch (or batches) of phones.
    You've sent two back, does that mean the third one is working fine for you?

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ANewPlay256 View Post
    You've sent two back, does that mean the third one is working fine for you?
    Not yet, picking it up tonight. Sadly, it seems like the poor voice quality is pretty hit/miss. Hope it misses me this time. Will post up and let you know.

Been a frustrating time, but I have got to play with the in-store demo Gear watch a lot. Very cool, but not worth $300 to me.

Mine is crackling as well, bought the phone a few days ago...i can return to any verizon store right?

Posted via Android Central App

I think you have to return it back to the store that you got it from.

Banned

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

I had the same problem when I first received my phone, it seems like it was isolated to a certain area. I was staying at a hotel in MD and every call was garbled, but when I left that area my phone calls were normal.

I was ready to return this mofo!

I thought the volume was too low, but I had it on high. It was only when into settings then call and unticked voice privacy it sounded alot better. Had no problems so far.

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

The Verizon LG g2 and the Verizon moto x, also have these problems. I Read reviews on Verizons site, as well as here Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during calls . So I think it's something to do with the cdma chip. Also my current phone also suffers from this the DROID dna. So, every time I'm ready to get a new phone I read about the bad call quality and I'm like looks like the only solution is to leave Verizon.

I am just wondering how many bars of service do you have when this happens? Also have you tried your calls in different locations to see if it may just be that cell tower or interference in that area?

For me, I could move around, and still had the issue. I never used the bluetooth setting, but tried on speaker, and with headphones, and normal call. Tried all the adjustments shown on the call screen, and still nothing. It was only on my end, no matter who I called, be it land line, or cell phone.

I can have it happen on full battery, or 20% battery, on a charger even, and 3 bars or 5. So, it was clearly tied to the phone. Hopefully phone 2 won't have any issues.

That sounds more like interference or possibly an antenna receiver issue as it is only happening on the receiving channel and not both receiving and sending channelds.

Got my note 3 10-19-13 no one could hear me talk unless I put phone on speaker. Took back to store later that day and they determined that my speaker in the phone was broken and replaced with a new phone which now works fine. So your speaker my be defective.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I received a replacement yesterday and am happy to report that the chirping and garbled sounds are gone.

As a follow up. Talked to Verizon support today and they acknowledge the issue and stated a fix is in the works with samsung. No ETA yet. So stay tuned. Assuming a fix similar to the one sprint got.

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    im feeling super grateful for the phone i received....no issues at all....running great
    I am with you on this. I thank God for no problems at all.
    karsdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsantos97 View Post
    I received a replacement yesterday and am happy to report that the chirping and garbled sounds are gone.
    update: I spoke to soon. I am still having the same issues with the new phone, but not as bad. Hopefully a software update can fix this. I am still going to hang on to this phone, though.
    AuburnGrad likes this.

Everyone who still has this problem needs to call Verizon and complain. Open a ticket! They are back to denying it's an issue again

Where did you buy the phone (Verizon store, bestbuy, online, etc)?

Verizon tele.sales as the Verizon website failed on launch day

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

One quick question for all the garbled callers. Open your dialer and click the menu then settings under ringtone and sound settings, do you have noise do you have noise reduction checked or not. I have a feeling you may have the noise reduction checked. Uncheck that and see if the quality improves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast