Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ncmailman
  • 1 Post By AuburnGrad
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Note 3...wifi issue

Who all has jacked up wifi? We're u able to remedy the issue? Mine was working awesome for few days but now it has wifi signal and the 4G signal at same time......so does this mean it going off 4G instead wifi. My other phones all work wifi only and the note 3 shows the 4G or 3g

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Verizon Note 3...wifi issue

Have you turned the 4G off when you have WiFi on?

I was having the same issue til I stayed on the phone with Verizon. Have you notice an app that vzw has been trying to force you to try called "caller id". This app will only run on 4g. Thus the reason WiFi, and 4g are running simultaneously. Once you get rid of that app, problem solved. I actually had to buy the app, then immediately turnaround and cancel so I could go to application manager and uninstall. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    hernan31us likes this.

In the mountains no cell service only wi fi which is very reliable. My note 3 will not stay connected. Two hours on level two tech support call with samsung and NO RESOLUTION. Am unhappy with this phone.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

How do u turn the 4G off?

And I can see the app called called ID...how can I uninstall it?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Wow.....that totally solved my problem....i went into the caller need ID app and went into tools....The trial period was going so I can celled the trial perioed, then hit confirm and the 4G immediately went away and only running on wifi now.....awesome. ..Thank you

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Disregard spelling errors, still haven't turned off the auto text...next on bucket list lol

To fix wifi go to wifi press menu advance and cut off auto switch wifi to Moblie .
    Also cut off auto connect to hotspot

That works great but I constantly get message saying 'Internet connection is unreliable'
    Has anyone figured out a way to get rid of the message?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I have only experienced the unreliable connection issue when using the Wi-Fi at my customer's office where both wifi and 4g signals are weak. I haven't had the issue at my office or at home yet where both signals are stronger.

I've disabled the auto network switching as well as the caller ID app and still had the issue on the customer's Wi-Fi, but it did seem significantly improved. The only time I never saw this issue is when I completely disabled mobile data. However, I've only owned the phone a week, so not sure yet if this completely solved the problem or if it was just coincidental.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I've noticed that when my cell signal goes in and out, that my wifi gets flaky and keeps disconnecting.

this wifi headache is why i jump through hoops to keep my grandfathered unlimited data....

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    this wifi headache is why i jump through hoops to keep my grandfathered unlimited data....
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Amen!

Wi-Fi works great (for me). After I got the settings right, no more problems.
    It's just that annoying message that keeps popping up.
    I am careful not to use my Note 3 when I have a gun in my hand. It is that annoying... I'm afraid I'll shoot the phone and get my hand as collateral damage.!
    I understand about losing unlimited data. It was hard to give up. I am not a big fan of Verizon (to say the least). I looked at the other carriers but they all have their own scams going. At least with Verizon I have decent coverage at my farm in BFE. (He chokes back tears)
    Jon

Thank you for the advice ! i "turned Off the app from the application manager settings for this app and now my wifi connects and no 4g simultaneous issues anymore .! and the phone is much faster now . ( i also cleared the data when turning off the app )

How do you get rid of the caller Id app?

Quote Originally Posted by biyik33 View Post
    How do you get rid of the caller Id app?

Go under settings, and then Application Manager, Slide to the right to the all tab. Find the caller id app and tap on it.You have the option to uninstall it, and click that. Then it will remove it, it will then be under the turned off app's tab.
    biyik33 likes this.

Mine isn't allowing me to uninstall

Quote Originally Posted by biyik33 View Post
    Mine isn't allowing me to uninstall

It will not actually let it be fully removed, since it is bloatware that Verizon installed. But you should have moved to the tab that says Turned Off (which forms once you have turned off one app) and it will stay off.

What was once a minor annoyance with the Wi-Fi disconnect issue has turned to full blown anger. As I am overseas right now all I have is Wi-Fi. It's honestly ridiculous and evidently there is no end in sight because possibly the only fix will be 4.4 but that will possibly bring a whole other list of issues. Those of you who actually got a note 3 with no Wi-Fi issues should count themselves lucky, because the last couple of days I have been contemplating using this thing as a substitute for a frisbee.

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

I have issues too but I notice it more when using Google Play. Things do not really want to load too fast. I wish it would work well like the Note 2 I had

I have 2 Samsung phones - Verizon Note 3 and Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I cannot get on to wifi through Verizon Fios with either. I know that the router isn't the problem since I can get on with my old Droid, my laptop, and my wife can get on with a Galaxy Tab 10.1. When I try to connect I get a message that says the signal is unstable. My notification shows the wifi symbol with two arrows (one going into the symbol and another leaving the symbol). The notification area also shows my 4 G strength. When I try to open up the internet the browser just sits there and nothing opens. I have to shut off wifi to get on the internet. Restarted both phones and router. Shut off call ID with no results. Has anyone got any other solutions?

This appears to be a systemic Samsung phone issue. Anyway to know if Samsung knows about this issue and is working on a fix?

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

WiFi is just plain flaky on this device. It is very unstable with fluctuating signal quality. The Note 2 has much better WiFi reception.