- 21 Posts
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - Screen turns on when receiving a text
So I just noticed that when I receive a text, my screen turns on and stays on, presumably for the full 10 minutes that I have set for screen timeout, wasting battery. (I've always had my phones set that way because I turn off the screen manually anyway and I don't like it turning off in the middle of something.) Anyhow, this happens even when I have "preview message" unchecked in SMS settings. I know one solution would be to turn off SMS notifications altogether and use Light Flow to still get a sound and LED, but then the notification doesn't go to my Galaxy Gear smartwatch! Quite the conundrum! Anyone have a solution?? Thanks!
- Yesterday, 11:23 PM #2
- 9 Posts
Re: Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - Screen turns on when receiving a text
This is probably no help at all but I get my text message except I noticed that if I have the phone case open I do not receive text messages. I was baffled for a long time trying to figure out why I was not receiving text messages and was sending them to myself and using my girlfriends phone to see if my gear picked up on them and got nothing until I closed the case and left the phone alone. then when a text message is sent i get them now. The other thing I have done is wipe the gear clean and uninstall the gear manager and start from scratch, now it works.
- By Amie Purcell in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 11-14-2013, 11:07 AM
- By Floridadomer in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 11Last Post: 10-29-2013, 03:41 AM
- By rayndog3 in forum HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 10-22-2013, 04:47 PM
- By dpham00 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2013, 12:10 PM
- By Fletchand in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 10-22-2013, 09:44 AM