Thinking of Note 3

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I already have a Verizon account & I am thinking about getting the Note 3 but there seems to be a lot of issues with it. I have a Note 2 now on U.S.Cellular. :confused:
Sent from my SCH-R950 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

William T Riker

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Thinking of Note3

I have only seen people complaining about camera and signal whether it be 4G or wifi. Neither of which is a problem here my 4G reception is almost identical to my S3 around -86dbm usually, no wifi issues and my camera seems fine <shrugs>

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I already have a Verizon account & I am thinking about getting the Note 3 but there seems to be a lot of issues with it. I have a Note 2 now on U.S.Cellular. :confused:

One thing is would suggest for you is to never let any one person's experience be yours. You will end up not buying anything.... LOL

There are apple fans who would bash Android any chance they get and vice versa.

Then you have folks that get the N3 and either get defective units or just complain just to complain. Some legitimate, others just seem to like to b*tch because they can... (no offense to anyone in particular).

I'm not saying anyone user is better than they next, but I advise you not to get hung up on the issues because it's mostly only a small sampling of folks who are not having issues at all.

I'm not having any of the issues being reported by most. Reception is great, wifi stays connected, s-pen works, s-pen is easy to take out and put in with the S-View case on. The phone is fast, no lags as some have reported. I play with iPhone and iPads all day because of work and response is comparable...... In My Opinion

I had a VZ N2 and at the time, it was the BEST Android phone experience I had every had

Most if not all Cell Providers have grace period that will allow you enough time to play with a unit and return within a certain amount of time.

Sent From "The Beast"

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

My main thing is the bad sound when talking that people are reporting.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

For every complaint there are thousands that aren't experiencing any issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I have only seen people complaining about camera and signal whether it be 4G or wifi. Neither of which is a problem here my 4G reception is almost identical to my S3 around -86dbm usually, no wifi issues and my camera seems fine <shrugs>

As someone pointed out in one of the camera complaint threads, the guy is taking a picture of a chair in the dark, or some other poorly lit condition. It's like me putting my finger over the shutter and complaining that it takes poor pics. I'm sure the Note 3 isn't the best pic taking phone, but look at the other options out there, you'll get a better picture taking phone out there, but then you will lose out on the things that the Note 3 does far better than some of the other phones. As far as I'm concerned, the Note 3 is one of the best overall devices out there now. If you want the best picture taking device, it's not the Note 3, but when you take it all in, the Note 3 for right now is top dog.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Read those threads. The truth is in there if you look for it. Hands down the most powerful device on the market.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

William T Riker

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Read those threads. The truth is in there if you look for it. Hands down the most powerful device on the market.

Did I say the device wasn't the most powerful out? Lol. What do I need to read? I didn't say people aren't having issues with their handsets, simply I have not experienced the common complaints with mine.

I don't use my phone for professional photography, so its really not a big deal to me personally- the camera is an upgrade from the one on my S3.

As for the call quality, I personally have not experienced any garbling, cracking etc its clear and comparable to the other Verizon phones I own and I've had mine now since last Sat, talked on it plenty. Don't know if its a hardware issue or a certain areas reception but I'm not having that problem at all.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I have posted in those pics suck threads. Note 3 actually takes fabulous pics. I have not had one issue with this phone other than it froze on me once. It has delivered a much improved experience in ALL aspect over my note 2 and that phone was a beast. Love my note 3 and are recommending lol.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I have absolutely zero problems

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

All phones have an "issue" or two.

As far as this phone. This is the best phone I've owned. Speed, performance, camera, etc.

Can't go wrong with it!

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Like it's been said, because this is a tech forum, most people will come here with their issues about whatever device they're using. While it may look like most of the threads are complaints, if everyone that had a perfectly working device were to post on here, the forums would be flooded with praise. That being said, most people that have nothing to complain about will have little reason to come here (unless to help out or brag, which is perfectly fine because this phone is just kickass). Try it at the store. If you like it, get it. If you end up not liking it, most stores have a time period where you can return it. Everyone's experience is different.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Look, the Note 3 is arguably the best device available. Arguably the best device to date. Some people don't like that and are going to attack it for one reason or another. Thus is the nature of things.

from my Galaxy Mega

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I read here offten just to keep up with things. The Note 3 have the new bands that Verizon will start rolling out this year ? :)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

There are issues?

There are issues with every smart phone out there, I would say every phone. What some consider issues, others don't.

The sound of voice calls being gargled, I have not had that issue, so not everyone is having this issue, so it could be specific to area, who knows. The lg g2 have people report the same issue, I had that phone and did have it happen, it was in a weak area.

As far as the camera, I haven't seen Verizon or Samsung advertise this device as a professional camera, you want professional photo's, buy a stand alone camera that's made for that. The phone for me has taken amazing pictures.

These are phones with added bonuses. My advice to op, if you want a big screen or a stylus, try this phone. Chances are you will be happy with it, you have 14 days to try it out. I tried the Motorola droid max, and the LG g2 before sticking with the note 3. Just a note, usually you can only change to a different device once, I slipped thru a hole and changed devices twice, and paid the restock fee zero times, but that is not normal, so don't expect it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze