Transferring contacts, messages etc from note 2 to note 3?

maxzeff

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought the note 3 yesterday because the screen on my 2 stopped working and I had an upgrade. The verizon store only transferred the contacts from my google accounts and not the contacts I had saved on my phone. When I went back to ask them to they said it was impossible without being able to navigate the note 2 screen. The note 2 still turns on and works, the screen is simply off at all times. Is there some way to transfer the info from my old not 2 to my new note 3? Verizon claims its impossible unless I get the screen fixed but I am hoping there is some way to do it through my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you use the verizon backup? It is usually on by default because it is free or it may have been on and you didnt notice it. Anyway on the note 3 go into settings-》accounts-》backup assitant plus and check the sync box. You can go onto you verizon wireless account online too and find backup assistant there and see if any contacts are there. My old phone bricked and for some reason some of my contacts were in google and some were in the verizon assist and some in both. I was not sure why it worked like that but between the two I got all of my contacts back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
They're apps that you can install on your desktop the will allow you to backup contacts. The app name escapes me but I know it exists

Sent From "The Beast"

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
He cant use them since he can't see anything on his note 2 screen. If they are not backed up with Verizon back up I'm pretty sure that you are SOL :-/

They're apps that you can install on your desktop the will allow you to backup contacts. The app name escapes me but I know it exists

Sent From "The Beast"

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If the digitiser works, unlock it blind or using wondershare mobile go you can see what would be on the screen to navigate than once its unlocked you can just back up and transfer.

I do believer mobile go requires you to have developer debugging on

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

watalee

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Install a software named wandoujia,it will help you to backup everthing in your note2 and then restore into your note3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
He cant use them since he can't see anything on his note 2 screen. If they are not backed up with Verizon back up I'm pretty sure that you are SOL :-/

No not true, the only caveat would be if is phone is pin locked, but if not the app with still work, trust me I used one a long while back, it read contacts and photos. just can't remember the name.

Sent From "The Beast"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38