Question about batch deleting emails and seeing prior apps

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
New to this OS. If I have multiple gmails that I want to delete how do I delete them in a batch? I used to just swipe them away, but this thing only lets me swipe them to Archive, not Delete. Also, how do I see the prior things that I visited like Email, Messages, photos? I used to use the right lower key on my Nexus. Thanks in advance. Great forum.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're in the Gmail app, tap the thumbnail next to the message--that will activate the selection process. Select as many email as you want, then tap the garbage can.

You can change what swiping does in the settings. In Gmail, tap the Menu button, then Settings/General Settings/Archive & Delete Actions. If you only want to delete, then select Show Delete Only. Also make sure Swipe To Delete is checked.

The recent apps button should be one of the soft buttons on the screen, to the right of the home button. It looks like 2 rectangles superimposed on one another.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
That's the native email app that comes on the phone, not one from the Playstore? I couldn't fine an option for "swipe to delete" like on mine, I only saw a box to check for "swipe to archive". Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place (this is my wife's phone).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Gmail app is only for Gmail, and may or may not be preinstalled, depending on the device. The stock Email app can access multiple email accounts (from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, exchange servers, etc.), and is different from the Gmail app. Since I don't use the stock Email app, I'm not too familiar with the swiping function there--I actually thought it was more specific to the Gmail app, which is why I assumed that's what you were talking about. Sorry for any confusion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech