Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - Verizon Only One Exchange?

brisk172

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just noticed on my receipt it says at the bottom "You are permitted to make one exchange". Does that mean if my device was defective the first time and I make an exchange, then if that new phone is defective, Verizon won't allow me to make another exchange? Has anyone else able to make multiple exchanges?

Thanks

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
If the phone is defective they have to exchange it, what that is telling you is you can only exchange it once for a different model.

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I went to Verizon store to excha.ge my note 3 and was only allowed to swap it out 1 time. After that, it will have to be thru insurance and go that route

Posted via Android Central App

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This has been around for a few years. They mean only one model change. If you get a Note 3 and decide it is not for you, you can change to a razor. If you don't like the razor, too bad, you got you one exchange. I did this when I first got my Galaxy Nexus. It had poor reception so I changed it for a Rezound. Glad it was a good phone because you only get one. My new strategy is since I buy one for me and one for her is to buy 2 of the best phones out there and then exchange the one we like least. This way I only have to pay one $35 exchange fee.

If you get a defective phone, they should exchange them as long as it is in warranty as many times as needed within reason.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Didn't notice this. Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about swapping my phone. If I do go that route I guess I have to make sure I really like the next phone I pick.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
This has been around for a few years. They mean only one model change. If you get a Note 3 and decide it is not for you, you can change to a razor. If you don't like the razor, too bad, you got you one exchange. I did this when I first got my Galaxy Nexus. It had poor reception so I changed it for a Rezound. Glad it was a good phone because you only get one. My new strategy is since I buy one for me and one for her is to buy 2 of the best phones out there and then exchange the one we like least. This way I only have to pay one $35 exchange fee.

If you get a defective phone, they should exchange them as long as it is in warranty as many times as needed within reason.

That's actually good thinking.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am a rare case, I got the droid max, returned it got the LG g2, returned that and now have the note 3, and I'm keeping the note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I am a rare case, I got the droid max, returned it got the LG g2, returned that and now have the note 3, and I'm keeping the note 3.

You've had 3 of the phones I've been considering. I currently have the Droid Maxx and have a couple days left to swap. What made you decide to get rid of the Maxx and are the other phones really that much better than the Maxx? Is it worth it to pay the extra $35 re-stocking fee and then the extra $100 for the Note3? How's the battery in the Note3 in comparison to the Maxx?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery on the Maxx is a little better, but it should be as it's a bigger battery. My main reason for getting rid of the max was every now and then the notification sound would go silent, if I opened the app it was fine and that was with stick sms. The LG g2, I had the screen issue where it would make things go crazy, it's on youtube, other then that I liked the g2, but when screen acted up swiping a text was next to impossible. I didn't have to pay any restocking fees either, but I would have paid the restock fee for the note 3. Like I said,I really slipped thru the cracks on this. I'm happy with my note 3, if you like active notifications that's something to consider. Ask any questions you want I'll try to answer and I'm sure others will to.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I think the battery on the Maxx is a little better, but it should be as it's a bigger battery. My main reason for getting rid of the max was every now and then the notification sound would go silent, if I opened the app it was fine and that was with stick sms. The LG g2, I had the screen issue where it would make things go crazy, it's on youtube, other then that I liked the g2, but when screen acted up swiping a text was next to impossible. I didn't have to pay any restocking fees either, but I would have paid the restock fee for the note 3. Like I said,I really slipped thru the cracks on this. I'm happy with my note 3, if you like active notifications that's something to consider. Ask any questions you want I'll try to answer and I'm sure others will to.

It would end up being an extra $135 when it's all said and done. The Maxx is $100 cheaper. The Maxx dropped in price so that's why I decided on it. I should've waited a little longer. I like this phone a lot and have no issues, but the Note 3 is I'm sure a better phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It would end up being an extra $135 when it's all said and done. The Maxx is $100 cheaper. The Maxx dropped in price so that's why I decided on it. I should've waited a little longer. I like this phone a lot and have no issues, but the Note 3 is I'm sure a better phone.

Either way it's $35 more now, the price is always $100 higher. It was worth it to me. The better phone is the phone that works for you and you like.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Either way it's $35 more now, the price is always $100 higher. It was worth it to me. The better phone is the phone that works for you and you like.

That's the trouble. I have no idea which phone would work better for me. I played with several different phones at verizon and I liked them all. I ruled out the HTC One and the S4 because of the small batteries. They are smaller than what I had in my old Bionic. Also, other screens kept popping up on the S4 when I was trying to go into the internet browser and it was getting annoying. I heard the LG G2 didn't have good reception/signal strength so I decided to pass on that phone. That left me with the Note 3 or the Maxx. I loved the big screen on the Note 3 and it seemed like a great phone, but I do have really small hands and it would probably be hard for me to hold. Also, I wouldn't be able to fit it in some of my small purses. I went with the Maxx because of the price, battery, familiarity and the slightly smaller size, but not too small. I just want to make sure I picked the right phone. I'm going to be stuck with it for 2 years. I have to decide quick. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I bought it.

If the Maxx didn't have issues with the notification sound would you go back to it?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's the trouble.

If the Maxx didn't have issues with the notification sound would you go back to it?

If the Maxx did not have issues with the notification sound I probably would not have left it. With that said, I don't know how long I would have liked the phone. I liked the active notifications, but the Maxx is a stock android phone, kind of like the google nexus phone. It does not have any extra's that Samsung and LG put on their phones. Some people like that, it is easier on battery sometimes, and maybe make the phone work better. The fact the maxx is as close to android stock is a selling point for some, for me it creates a blah phone, I like the bells and whistles. Its a personal choice.

Things I liked on the note 3, the pen is neat and useful, I don't use it every day, but there are times I use it. Multi window is a another reason I like the note 3, it comes in handy when messaging someone and you want to look something up at the same time for example. And of course the big screen is just awesome, and with the new feature of resizing the whole screen when needed is a good thing, I don't use it much, but there are times one handed is the way to go and this makes it easier. some of the other things the note 3, or basically the last few Samsung phones offer, such as smart screen, where videos pause when you look away, or the screen will scroll watching your eyes, those are a little gimmicky, and yes I know the spelling is off there, I turn those off as I don't use them much anyway and I feel it uses battery power for nothing.

I don't know what to tell you, my best bet is to go to store and look at it more. I don't know where you bought it, in store or online, but keep a eye on the 14 days as Verizon is very strict on that, and they start the 14 day countdown when phone ships which is BS. Good luck

I don't know how the 14 day rule works on when you exchange your phone, if the 14 days start over or not, find out. If they start over when you exchange the phone, something to consider is you can try the note 3, if you don't like it, return it and just go back to what you had prior to upgrading to Maxx for a week. Your account will reset back to eligible for upgrade and you will be able to get the maxx again later, but there is a $35 restock fee again, so this route could cost you $70 to try the note 3 out, so do your best to try to get the first restock fee waived, if not, call in later and see if you can get a credit on your bill for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo