Mute from Lock Screen?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have to use a lock screen with a pin but sometimes I need a quick mute, preferably without entering pin first. In my Razr Maxx HD there is a mute button on the lockscreen. Any way to do it with Note 3? Thanks!

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can mute sounds when you're getting the notification by long pressing the Volume Down button (i.e. you're getting a call, you can mute the incoming ring by doing this). Note that this will not set the phone to Silent Mode or Vibrate and will only work while getting an incoming notification.

You could also swipe down on the notification bar (Unless you specify that it won't, it's usually accessible even from the lockscreen) and hit the Sound button to switch to Vibrate or Silent.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine in inaccessible. How do I enable pulling down to mute? Will this allow access to phone without pin by selecting a notification?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
All I can think of is a playstore lockscreen alternative app. I used to use widget something or other lockscreen but it is slow to load and I hate that.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use a pattern lock, and when I long press the power button on the lockscreen I can put the phone on mute, vibrate or sound I'm not sure if it works with a pin lock...

updated...!!! works with pin lock as well

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It does & apparently is my only choice. I had hoped for a lockscreen widget to do it. Thanks though. I will use power button.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Press the "Emergency Call" button on the bottom of the lock screen and your volume rocker will work like normal.

streetslide

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I use a pattern lock, and when I long press the power button on the lockscreen I can put the phone on mute, vibrate or sound I'm not sure if it works with a pin lock...

updated...!!! works with pin lock as well

Well DUH! I guess I never noticed that because I seldom pwr down. I've been hitting the pin, settings & toggling sound to mute. Thanks for slapping me up side the head!