Note 3: Who uses the stylus, and what for?

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife just got one. The manual is 250 pages, there's a very short section on the stylus. You can write on the back of photos, and some menu comes on the screen when it gets close, and I think you can write notes. What do you use it for (if anything)? Thanks, just trying to learn the device, she came from iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Who uses the stylus, and what for?

Just play with it and you will learn what all it can do, and what works for you.

I have been using mine when browsing the web, since it seems to make scrolling seamless, holding at top or bottom of the screen and will scroll smoothly.

I also take notes, and write text with it. Not that it is always faster, but its what I will use it for. I also use it to edit pictures, or add notes to pictures.

I have not used it to add a contact yet, and I know there is so much more. I have played with the drawing app, and use the pen to click on small links, since its more precise than my finger.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Rat Fink ... WooHoo .... only seen that once in 45 years :D .... sorry, had to comment. I really do like the S-Pen, but don't use it that much, but can see using it a lot more down the road!

Why not the name of Rat Fink? Here's a better image maybe :)
rat-fink.png

Cheers, Jon (Long Live Rat Fink .... us to collect those back in the early 60's)

Cheers, Jon
My wife just got one. The manual is 250 pages, there's a very short section on the stylus. You can write on the back of photos, and some menu comes on the screen when it gets close, and I think you can write notes. What do you use it for (if anything)? Thanks, just trying to learn the device, she came from iPhone.

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I use mine when using the Scrapbook feature. I didn't think I would use the scrapbook, but I've been using it like. crazy.

I also use the stylus to take notes and screenshots

Sent From "The Beast"

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I take Notes with it. Scrapbook images and screen shots with. Sometimes even write with it and let the handwriting recognition do its thing (which it does pretty darned well).

from a '14 Note 10.1

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

I mainly use it for Scrapbook with the occasional Action Memo and drawing on people's faces on photos.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I also use it to tease my iPhone-having co-workers...just to show them more of what they don't have. I'm thoughtful like that.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I use mine for scrap booking, action Memo, and Electronic signatures for documents.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I use it for signing my invoices and other job related stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

huskers75

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I use mine pretty much all the time its nice to use it when I'm eating or something it keeps the screen clean and grease free. I also use it occasionally for scrapbook and I like to show off the phone using The s pen to write down numbers.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

tell your wife to give scrapbook a roll....its like pinterest on steroids. your can basically select and save any information, videos, pictures etc into notebooks complete with the links to return to the websites later....its so awesome. perfect for saving recipes, researching any sort of project, shopping results, and on and on.....if this was the only change between the note 2 and 3 i would still upgrade to the 3 just to get it. i also like using the little pen icon to use handwriting input instead of keyboard, its fast and accurate. i've used the action memo a few times...i really like the functionality of it when i need it.

i think we would all suggest viewing youtubes on the spen functions so that she knows all that is possible. the following is a pretty good article and video of s pen functions...

Power of the Galaxy Note 3 S Pen goes beyond Air Command | ZDNet

Johnny Umphress

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I love the stylus. One of the main reasons I got the phone. It is very precise and makes note taking a breeze. No way you can write small enough on the screen with your finger and get so much in a small area.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I just used it to poke my wife, :) She hits pretty hard yeah!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

Been loving using mine with Sketchbook! My first stylus device. Can't see going back to anything smaller or without the S pen.

Posted via Android Central App

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

I did not think I would really use the S pen and I was so wrong - I am by nature a note taker in meetings or for phone calls and I constantly take notes using S note.....I have a lot of fun sending texts of pictures with funny captions to me kids and I use the scrapbook feature to capture things to remember from all the reading I do on the web......I love this phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781