Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Who uses the stylus, and what for?

My wife just got one. The manual is 250 pages, there's a very short section on the stylus. You can write on the back of photos, and some menu comes on the screen when it gets close, and I think you can write notes. What do you use it for (if anything)? Thanks, just trying to learn the device, she came from iPhone.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-09-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    HTC One Verizon

Default Re: Who uses the stylus, and what for?

Just play with it and you will learn what all it can do, and what works for you.

I have been using mine when browsing the web, since it seems to make scrolling seamless, holding at top or bottom of the screen and will scroll smoothly.

I also take notes, and write text with it. Not that it is always faster, but its what I will use it for. I also use it to edit pictures, or add notes to pictures.

I have not used it to add a contact yet, and I know there is so much more. I have played with the drawing app, and use the pen to click on small links, since its more precise than my finger.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock Note 2

Rat Fink ... WooHoo .... only seen that once in 45 years .... sorry, had to comment. I really do like the S-Pen, but don't use it that much, but can see using it a lot more down the road!

Why not the name of Rat Fink? Here's a better image maybe
    Note 3: Who uses the stylus, and what for?-rat-fink.png

Cheers, Jon (Long Live Rat Fink .... us to collect those back in the early 60's)

Cheers, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    My wife just got one. The manual is 250 pages, there's a very short section on the stylus. You can write on the back of photos, and some menu comes on the screen when it gets close, and I think you can write notes. What do you use it for (if anything)? Thanks, just trying to learn the device, she came from iPhone.
    Have Note 2 & ordered Verizon 32gb/64gb Note 3 in white
    Thanked by:
    R187J 
    Rick Bell likes this.

I use mine when using the Scrapbook feature. I didn't think I would use the scrapbook, but I've been using it like. crazy.

I also use the stylus to take notes and screenshots

Sent From "The Beast"
    honu85 and karsdroid like this.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I take Notes with it. Scrapbook images and screen shots with. Sometimes even write with it and let the handwriting recognition do its thing (which it does pretty darned well).

from a '14 Note 10.1
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    ggonz 
    karsdroid and rvhs03 like this.

I mainly use it for Scrapbook with the occasional Action Memo and drawing on people's faces on photos.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I also use it to tease my iPhone-having co-workers...just to show them more of what they don't have. I'm thoughtful like that.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by 2:

I use mine for scrap booking, action Memo, and Electronic signatures for documents.

I use it for signing my invoices and other job related stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T

Customers sign my screen with it when they pay with a cc

I use mine pretty much all the time its nice to use it when I'm eating or something it keeps the screen clean and grease free. I also use it occasionally for scrapbook and I like to show off the phone using The s pen to write down numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    tell your wife to give scrapbook a roll....its like pinterest on steroids. your can basically select and save any information, videos, pictures etc into notebooks complete with the links to return to the websites later....its so awesome. perfect for saving recipes, researching any sort of project, shopping results, and on and on.....if this was the only change between the note 2 and 3 i would still upgrade to the 3 just to get it. i also like using the little pen icon to use handwriting input instead of keyboard, its fast and accurate. i've used the action memo a few times...i really like the functionality of it when i need it.

i think we would all suggest viewing youtubes on the spen functions so that she knows all that is possible. the following is a pretty good article and video of s pen functions...

Thanked by 2:

I love the stylus. One of the main reasons I got the phone. It is very precise and makes note taking a breeze. No way you can write small enough on the screen with your finger and get so much in a small area.
    Banned

I have used mine a few times in the web browser.

I just used it to poke my wife, :-) She hits pretty hard yeah!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T

Been loving using mine with Sketchbook! My first stylus device. Can't see going back to anything smaller or without the S pen.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by xderiwx View Post
    Been loving using mine with Sketchbook! My first stylus device. Can't see going back to anything smaller or without the S pen.

...and Samsung is very glad to hear that.
    Live long and prosper.

I did not think I would really use the S pen and I was so wrong - I am by nature a note taker in meetings or for phone calls and I constantly take notes using S note.....I have a lot of fun sending texts of pictures with funny captions to me kids and I use the scrapbook feature to capture things to remember from all the reading I do on the web......I love this phone

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I also use it to tease my iPhone-having co-workers...just to show them more of what they don't have. I'm thoughtful like that.
    Hahahahaha. That's funny right there.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I also use it to tease my wife when I'm out with our kid....

Note 3: Who uses the stylus, and what for?-tempfileforshare.jpg
    Live long and prosper.

H3aTeRzz likes this.

I use it for everything! No more paper period! Im in the healthcare business and between meetings and hospitals I take a lot of notes on the run its the only way to go.

Default Re: Note 3: Who uses the stylus, and what for?

I use it to keep track of my daughter's gymnastics scores. I jot them down then use the pen window and bring up the calc. Very useful.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mobile Nations mobile app
    People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

But you can't get to China in a canoe.....

Keep a daily journal, with the notebook template, and upload it to my Google Drive. Be getting my Doogie Howser on, pretty useful.

I bought my Note 3 when it first came out in October and I've used the stylus maybe 10 times. Mostly just to mark up a photo.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Use mine pretty frequently. I use a pocket notebook at work a lot and my Note 3 has almost completely replaced the need to use that. I also have a tendency to lose notebooks so being able to jot down notes and have them backed up online instantly is priceless for me at least. The chances that I both lose my phone AND the online servers purge all my data are pretty comforting.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast