APK files wont open on download

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a solution for this......everytime I try open a downloaded file i get an error message which simply says: cannot open file

If i send apk as an attachment via gmail it opens WITHOUT any hassle at all!!!! Is there a Note 3 issue / fix for downloading files directly from the download file???

many thanks in advance

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Are the files you're downloading and opening from Gmail, the same ones you're attempting to open via download?
maybe there is something on the note 3 that is blocking apk files or try allowing downloads from unknown sources through the phones settings. I'm no expert but maybe that'll help. Good luck and let us know how it goes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Use the stock browser and see what happens. I'm not too fond of Chrome for Android so I don't use it. If u use Chrome on your PC or laptop, the bookmarks and everything will sync to the stock browser on ur phone once it's with the same Google account, so u won't lose that feature if u go stock

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

ybbhhffh

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have a solution for this......everytime I try open a downloaded file i get an error message which simply says: cannot open file

If i send apk as an attachment via gmail it opens WITHOUT any hassle at all!!!! Is there a Note 3 issue / fix for downloading files directly from the download file???

many thanks in advance

Minecraft won't open

Last edited by a moderator:

Komal Sharma3

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
In most of the cases, the Android hardware throws this error when trying to install the APK from Downloads folder.
Try opening any File explorer in the Android Mobile and install the APK from there, instead of installing the same from "Downloads".

Also, while downloading an APK from dropbox link, it shows "Parsing error". To avoid that, copy paste the dropbox URL in any Browser and then try to download the same APK from browser. Open that downloaded APK from File Explorer again.

It works for me. I hope it works for you as well!

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
In most of the cases, the Android hardware throws this error when trying to install the APK from Downloads folder.
Try opening any File explorer in the Android Mobile and install the APK from there, instead of installing the same from "Downloads".

Also, while downloading an APK from dropbox link, it shows "Parsing error". To avoid that, copy paste the dropbox URL in any Browser and then try to download the same APK from browser. Open that downloaded APK from File Explorer again.

It works for me. I hope it works for you as well!

Good call. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon