Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By digicoustic
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen timeout on when charging

Hello All,

I would like for my screen to not turn off automatically when I have it plugged in to my charger. The only setting I see is under display and the best I can set it to is 10 minutes. Is there a way to turn that off completely?

Default Re: Screen timeout on when charging

Go to settings, about phone, scroll down and tap on the build number 4 or 5 times. You can then go back a screen and at the bottom you should have Developer options. Check box stay awake.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
    pathfinder3, ttrain68 and philrewa like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Had Developer mode on already but didn't know the stay awake was in there.....Thanks!!!

I just got the Samsung S4 mini and followed these instructions but after 10 mins the screen goes black, my music stops playing and an Orange light comes on in the upper left corner. When i unplug the charger the screen comes back on and all the apps are still running and the musaic starts playing again.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by digicoustic View Post
    Go to settings, about phone, scroll down and tap on the build number 4 or 5 times. You can then go back a screen and at the bottom you should have Developer options. Check box stay awake.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much, this worked for me. (SGH-999 on T-Mobile USA).

My question is why the **** do they set it up this way? Every android I've ever used had developer options available at all times. It's not documented anywhere this method you provided. So, what, we're supposed to just spend an hour on Google Search until we're lucky enough to find the answer? I don't understand why companies think this is a good idea, all it does is waste everyone's time. ******* infuriating and just increases my belief that everyone running a large company is a worthless *****.

Quote Originally Posted by btr_01g View Post
    Thank you so much, this worked for me. (SGH-999 on T-Mobile USA).

My question is why the **** do they set it up this way? Every android I've ever used had developer options available at all times. It's not documented anywhere this method you provided. So, what, we're supposed to just spend an hour on Google Search until we're lucky enough to find the answer? I don't understand why companies think this is a good idea, all it does is waste everyone's time. ******* infuriating and just increases my belief that everyone running a large company is a worthless *****.
    You need to calm down lol.. It's just a hidden menu.

Why hide it? You wouldn't believe how many people go in and change things when they have no idea what it does... Then yell to their carrier on why the phone they bought doesn't work. Sure they put a warning on it to say don't use this if you don't know how... But how many people will just bypass it? Lots.

So it's basically hidden so those that don't know how to use these options.. Can't.. Since they won't see it by default. Ones that do need it do this one thing and you're good to go .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.