ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually Google Wallet now works for Verizon phones. When it was blocked if you tried to download it you'd get the message that it wasn't compatible. Now it works like a charm especially on the N3.

Except you can't use Tap to Pay. You can just view your past purchases and send money to people via email. Tap to Pay is what I wanna use. I'll have to root for that to work.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago I used ISIS at McDonald's and it worked flawlessly. I even got a free apple pie because the chick behind the counter thought it was super cool. Used it today and it's a No Go. When I got to the confirm screen I tapped "done", but nothing happened. This is a different McDonald's than the first time using it, maybe the contactless payment system doesn't work.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
ISIS sucks. I went and got the SIM card for it for my galaxy note 2 and when I was reading the terms on using the Amex Serve Card, you have to pay a fee of $2.95 every time you use ISIS at an establishment or store. No Way am I going to use ISIS when they are charging fees like that. I can just reach in my wallet and Swipe my debit/credit card for free! I see now why Google Wallet is favored by so many. I can just use my debit or credit card with Wallet and not have any fees like that.

Verizon rapes us on their prices, but like everyone else I need the coverage. Not going to be raped any more with using THEIR ISIS service. I'll either wait for 4.4 or hopefully Wallet will become available to everyone. I like having the ability to use this feature on my Note 2, just wish Wallet was available. I get the app, but no Tap to Pay Like others have said. Hoping something changes soon with this.

8tech

May 23, 2010
Visit site
McDonalds = 2 out of 5 successful tries
CVS = 1/1
Chevron = 0/1

I contacted Verizon after unsuccessful tries. The rep told me that a reset of my networking services would fix it. That wasn't entirely true. But right after I re-installed the app, it worked at the same McDonald's I had tried earlier.

BTW, my 20% bonuses came in less than 24 hours after each transaction. What did take long was the two initial deposits from my bank account, but that was probably a Serve issue rather than an ISIS one.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
ISIS sucks. I went and got the SIM card for it for my galaxy note 2 and when I was reading the terms on using the Amex Serve Card, you have to pay a fee of $2.95 every time you use ISIS at an establishment or store. No Way am I going to use ISIS when they are charging fees like that. I can just reach in my wallet and Swipe my debit/credit card for free! I see now why Google Wallet is favored by so many. I can just use my debit or credit card with Wallet and not have any fees like that.

Verizon rapes us on their prices, but like everyone else I need the coverage. Not going to be raped any more with using THEIR ISIS service. I'll either wait for 4.4 or hopefully Wallet will become available to everyone. I like having the ability to use this feature on my Note 2, just wish Wallet was available. I get the app, but no Tap to Pay Like others have said. Hoping something changes soon with this.

Where did you read this? I just read the Terms of Service. Paragraph 4 states that the service is free and that they could add a fee in the future.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
That was my mistake. I read on one of the serve card websites that showed a table of fees that it was $2.95 at a vendor or store. It was very vague. Later when I went to a Verizon store, the Rep said it was $2.95 to buy the card at certain stores. If you signup online for the card is free and if you use it every month there is no charge from Verizon, if you don't there is a $1.00 fee a month.

So, sorry I misread the first website I looked at. I'm not a fan of American express cards though, so not sure if I'll still use it. At least Google wallet let's you use your debit or credit card of choice.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That was my mistake. I read on one of the serve card websites that showed a table of fees that it was $2.95 at a vendor or store. It was very vague. Later when I went to a Verizon store, the Rep said it was $2.95 to buy the card at certain stores. If you signup online for the card is free and if you use it every month there is no charge from Verizon, if you don't there is a $1.00 fee a month.

So, sorry I misread the first website I looked at. I'm not a fan of American express cards though, so not sure if I'll still use it. At least Google wallet let's you use your debit or credit card of choice.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

But they do have the right to impose a fee later. ATMs Used to be free also.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys I can confirm that ISIS is now working for the Verizon Note 3. You can download it from the Play Store. I downloaded it and used it to pay for a purchase last night with no problem. Still looking forward to Kit Kat though so I can use Google Wallet because I like the way GW gives you your history right in the app.

jgumphress

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't want ISIS. I want my Google Wallet back. I had it for awhile on my Note3 but the last Verizon update killed it. And it left a pending payment to McDonald's. The register showed paid and I got a receipt and my food but it still shows pending after three weeks. And it won't scan any transactions any more. Bummer, Big Red strikes again.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
How did you get a free $50?? Most people including me got a free $10.

The $50 is a promotion they're doing for activations sometime between the middle of December to January. I activated it in November and got the $10. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The $50 is a promotion they're doing for activations sometime between the middle of December to January. I activated it in November and got the $10. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That's hella lame. Early adopters get shafted. When Kit Kat is ready for the Note I'm going back to Wallet. Or if I finally decide to root I'm installing Wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna use my wife's gmail to see if I can sign up for Isis again and get that $50.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87