Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The question should be, "Does ANYone use ISIS?" Why? I use Google Wallet. Isn't ISIS a branch of Verizon wireless? I could be wrong.

In a perfect world I would to use Google Wallet, but Verizon block GW on their network. Therefore, the only digital wallet available is ISIS. At least that is what I was told by verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

Johnny Umphress

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
It was blocked on my Galaxy S4 but when I got my Galaxy Note3 it downloaded and worked. But I understand the new KitKat version will have a workaround for it too.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It was blocked on my Galaxy S4 but when I got my Galaxy Note3 it downloaded and worked. But I understand the new KitKat version will have a workaround for it too.

Interesting ... r u able to make purchases at retail locations with your phone using Google Wallet?

Johnny Umphress

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I was surprised when it did, at McDonald's. I bought my Note3 new-in-the-box through an eBay seller. And it is Verizon branded. I believe he got it through a corporate upgrade of some sort.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I am missing something ... did you have a pay now button on your app?

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you use the updated "NFC SIM" that came with your Note 3 or are you usung an older sim card? That could be the problem. ISIS requires a newer sim (NFC SIM) that has a secure element that allows ISIS to work. I was able to install and use ISIS with no problem.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I used the new SIM that came with the phone. I'll ping VZW tomorrow to see if they are issuing new NFC SIMs.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've used it on my AT&T note 3. Works great, just like Google Wallet but set up is different.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I had Isis installed and did a wipe non my phone to refresh everything. Now I can't get it back. Also wallet sites work on the note 3 on Verizon. I have had the NFC card since it was in beta. Besides you can still go download the app,, you just can't activate it without the NFC sim card. It gone for me though, not even in the PlayStore.

Big Red Note 3

Last edited:

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
In a perfect world I would to use Google Wallet, but Verizon block GW on their network. Therefore, the only digital wallet available is ISIS. At least that is what I was told by verizon.

How is wallet Blocked? I have it on my phone and I can make purchases with it and I am on Verizon.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue. ISIS doesn't show up in play store.

Yeah same here. I'd like to try it just to say I've tried it. I'm sure I'll still keep using Google Wallet though. I'm gonna see if tap-to-pay on Wallet works later tonight or tomorrow. Probably won't though.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Isis just says incompatible when I find the direct link from any phone. They even tried a new SIM. Nothing. Good thing this is rolling out nation wide in a few days lol.

Big Red Note 3

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Isis just says incompatible when I find the direct link from any phone. They even tried a new SIM. Nothing. Good thing this is rolling out nation wide in a few days lol.

Big Red Note 3

You got the sauce??

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Depends what kind. :p

Big Red Note 3

Hahahaha. I'm looking for the source link saying ISIS is rolling out in a few days. I've been hearing about ISIS for forever now. But I haven't seen anything talking about it lately. I'm sure I'm still gonna like Wallet better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair