Update is available MJ7 OTA

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
No it does not stop tethering, the update improve connectivity issues and terrible sound quality.

Posted via Android Central App

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Have it holding to update, waiting to see if anyone else has issues with the update.

Have you noticed any real changes to performance, or apps, other than improving sound quality? Anything different with calls or call quality, including reception?

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Have it holding to update, waiting to see if anyone else has issues with the update.

Have you noticed any real changes to performance, or apps, other than improving sound quality? Anything different with calls or call quality, including reception?

Call quality is better up to this point, but waiting for others to confirm. Performance is still great and apps still the same. No problems, after update I do a hard reset to stabilize software update. Not a factory reset but a hard reset. Pull my battery out for 10 minutes and put back in!!!

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Updated mine. And all issues tied to call quality seem to be gone. Made a couple of calls. One from home. One in the car and know it changed towers most likely. And it's crystal clear. Exactly as I hoped it would be when it was released. At least it's fixed.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It ran like a Champ before....and is running like a Champ after. This could be the most complete phone I've ever had, and I've had all the Palm Treo's, Iphones and :cool:Blackberrys, various Androids etc....

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Agreed CJSMOOVE!

Beautiful powerful smartphone.

Oh yeah, just put on the update and still smooth sailing.

rwdrive

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the stupid question... I'm new to android, as I was tempted away from ios land by this phone. Where is this update and how do I install it? I've not been impressed with call voice quality and my gps loses signal regularly. Maybe this update will help. Thank you.

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Go to system settings then go all the way to the bottom about phone, first option is software update click on it and follow instructions! Simple.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Updated a little while ago. All good, so far.

Will VZW get any credit for updating so quickly and resolving these issues or will people complain?

eleeezy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else notice a less amount of system RAM being used now after the update?
Before, I would be lucky to have "only" 1.7gb being used. Now I notice I can get that number to drop to 1.1gb.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had zero issues before the update, got the notification this morning so figured might as well. Hopefully I continue to have no problems

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Recieved the update tonight, all well so far, sound quality has improved. Kudos to Verizon for updating and resolving quickly (did I just say that?)

Posted via the VZW Galaxy Note 3 and the Android Central App

dsl4life

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else notice a less amount of system RAM being used now after the update?
Before, I would be lucky to have "only" 1.7gb being used. Now I notice I can get that number to drop to 1.1gb.

I noticed that too. 0.89 GB used here.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC