1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody getting stronger signal or less garbled voice since Verizon update?

Update was suppose to help garbled voice and get a stronger signal. Anyone seen an improvement since the update?

Default Re: Anybody getting stronger signal or less garbled voice since Verizon update?

Definitely improved for me.
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 running "The Beginning" by Task650
    Nexus 7 - retired
    Galaxy S3 - retired
    Galaxy Note 2 - retired
    Galaxy Note 3 - Stock

Default Re: Anybody getting stronger signal or less garbled voice since Verizon update?

Made my wifi and 4G choppy. I didn't have an issue with it from the beginning, now I do. My upload speed is slower.

Posted via Android Central App

My call issue seems to have cleared up, No more garbled voice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jelly Bean 4.2.1

What Verizon update?

Posted via my VZW Note 3's Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by lukejwalka23 View Post
    What Verizon update?

Posted via my VZW Note 3's Android Central App
    Verizon has an OTA update that clears up a lot of the call quality issues people were having. If you go into settings, and then to the bottom to About Phone. Tap the first option Software Update.
    Then to check for update, and it will show you the most recent.

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Voice on the other end seems louder and clearer. I haven't used my speakerphone yet though. My problem was that it was clear, just not loud enough. Hopefully speakerphone is louder now.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

I noticed the cracking ad garble was gone yesterday ! Now my phone is even better! That was my only issue.

Sent from my iPad
    Have you tried SEARCH today? LPCZI9G4

Received mine last night....woot woot....garbled is no longer there. Least not as bad as I can tell. Haven't had a heart to heart over the phone with anyone yet. Just did the test call

Posted via Android Central App

Does this update disable current root exploits? I suspect that is the primary reason for it knowing Verizon. The rest is probably placebo effect.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

I updated a couple of days ago but I've noticed no differences. Same annoying WiFi connectivity alerts. I never had an issue with garbled calls so nothing has changed there.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

I got it. I had clear calls before so not sure there. I noticed yesterday how poor the signal strength was yesterday for the first time. We went to our favorite mall that I have always had service at with my Bionic and I had no service at all. My wife was right beside me with her 6 year old envy 2 and had service. This was after the update. I wish I had known this sooner because I work at the hospital and take call for emergency scans. I couldn't go in any stores because I have to be able to take the calls. I sure hope this can be improved! Is there anything I can do to help it?

In my case both signal and sound are worse than before.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Calls are MUCH better since the update came across

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Call quality has definitely improved, but am dropping to 3G more often (Phoenix,Az) and buffers a lot on WiFi. Did a factory reset after allowing the update to install, thought that would be the best way to experience the update but worked better before the update.

i had no call issues before but i did have signal issues . update didnt help with the signal issues for me . i switched back to my trusty note2 today . i guess i'll wait for the note4 and hope for better results .

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Yeah normal calls are fine, but the speakerphone sucks balls. I was hoping for a louder speakerphone. Maybe I'll get that Jawbone that I've wanted for forever on Black Friday.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

Signal strength worse for me. 1 maybe 2 bars for 4G and in 3G allot more often then before the update. NOT HAPPY :-(

My 4G speeds took a dump. Getting about half what I used to. Is there a way to tell if you are on Band 3 or the new Band 4 ?

My speed has definitely improved and is now much higher then it was before update...before it was 14-17 up and now it's pretty steady at 23-26 up

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody getting stronger signal or less garbled voice since Verizon update?-1387136425874.jpg  

Signal much worse here too. I didn't pay for 3g half of the time. Heading to Verizon this weekend.

hope I didn't hijack this if so please advise.

new here so.. I had same update all is well afterwards. now on subject of signal issue when I first had note 3 first 2 days of ownership was in a hospital no 4g lte went to 3g then to cdma then to 1x then nothing no signal like others here. so asked the verizon salesperson about it asked can I do a *228 nope sim card doesn't allow that feature huh!

so asked about a factory data reset feature thought he was going to swallow his tongue said no do not do that!

well seeing it was a brick anyways I did just that and since then 3 bars of signal at home and depending where I am at in city 3-5 bars in same hospital a steady 4g lte signal of one bar yes it is low but I could text email surf the web make a phone call! I haven't a clue what that reset did but It cured my signal issues!!
    now unfortunately I didn't enable sync contacts to gmail so if you have other ways of doing same trust me do it prior to the reset otherwise contact list finger cramps will be at your doorstep LOL.