Anybody getting stronger signal or less garbled voice since Verizon update?

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Update was suppose to help garbled voice and get a stronger signal. Anyone seen an improvement since the update?

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Made my wifi and 4G choppy. I didn't have an issue with it from the beginning, now I do. My upload speed is slower.

Posted via Android Central App

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
What Verizon update?

Posted via my VZW Note 3's Android Central App

Verizon has an OTA update that clears up a lot of the call quality issues people were having. If you go into settings, and then to the bottom to About Phone. Tap the first option Software Update.
Then to check for update, and it will show you the most recent.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Voice on the other end seems louder and clearer. I haven't used my speakerphone yet though. My problem was that it was clear, just not loud enough. Hopefully speakerphone is louder now.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the cracking ad garble was gone yesterday ! Now my phone is even better! That was my only issue.

Sent from my iPad

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Received mine last night....woot woot....garbled is no longer there. Least not as bad as I can tell. Haven't had a heart to heart over the phone with anyone yet. Just did the test call

Posted via Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does this update disable current root exploits? I suspect that is the primary reason for it knowing Verizon. The rest is probably placebo effect.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I updated a couple of days ago but I've noticed no differences. Same annoying WiFi connectivity alerts. I never had an issue with garbled calls so nothing has changed there.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I got it. I had clear calls before so not sure there. I noticed yesterday how poor the signal strength was yesterday for the first time. We went to our favorite mall that I have always had service at with my Bionic and I had no service at all. My wife was right beside me with her 6 year old envy 2 and had service. This was after the update. I wish I had known this sooner because I work at the hospital and take call for emergency scans. I couldn't go in any stores because I have to be able to take the calls. I sure hope this can be improved! Is there anything I can do to help it?

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Call quality has definitely improved, but am dropping to 3G more often (Phoenix,Az) and buffers a lot on WiFi. Did a factory reset after allowing the update to install, thought that would be the best way to experience the update but worked better before the update.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i had no call issues before but i did have signal issues . update didnt help with the signal issues for me . i switched back to my trusty note2 today . i guess i'll wait for the note4 and hope for better results .

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah normal calls are fine, but the speakerphone sucks balls. I was hoping for a louder speakerphone. Maybe I'll get that Jawbone that I've wanted for forever on Black Friday.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
My speed has definitely improved and is now much higher then it was before update...before it was 14-17 up and now it's pretty steady at 23-26 up

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1387136425874.jpg
    1387136425874.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 36

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1