Can I get back to rooted after the latest Verizon update? Help!

mcat66

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay...so I am new to android. I rooted last week and just did the latest Verizon update and that unrooted me. Is there an easy way to get back to rooted? Can I even get back to rooted? Any help would be appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay...so I am new to android. I rooted last week and just did the latest Verizon update and that unrooted me. Is there an easy way to get back to rooted? Can I even get back to rooted? Any help would be appreciated.

At the moment, probably not. I am sure someone is working on a new root method even now.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
They say the whole point of the update was for camera and phone call quality, but on their end I'm sure the real reason was to break root access. Scammy Verizon

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I know of people that got back rooted using Kingo root.

All Android devices supported by Kingo Android Root

UPDATE!!!
Here is the message that has just been posted:
Say BYE-BYE to Kingo, well for those of you that have been following the saga that continues with this latest update. Hashcode for those who didn't know took the Kingo Update, which he and many skilled others knew what we were in for, but the chance for Root was great to take the risk. Anyhow, it appears there is now a way to use Kingo to gain Root, then Remove it after gaining Root, returning back to our safe version of Chainfire's SuperSU version 1.65. It almost seemed like a no-brainer after I came across it in one of his post. Refer first to post, [RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.63 (BETA) [2013-11-07] - Page 22 - (VZW) Galaxy Note 3 Development - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/106986-recovery-locked-safestrap-recovery-v363-beta-2013-11-07/?p=1523354) With this post you are basically going to Chainfire's site and downloading SuperSU 1.65 in the .zip to flash, which will remove the Kingo apk and su. Hashcode recommends using his Safestrap to flash the zip. I on the other hand am still having some issues with SS, therefore I am finding Flash Gordon to be more effective and easier to use, xda-developers - View Single Post - [APK][Flash Zips WITHOUT a Recovery!]Flash Gordon: an Edify to Bash parser/translator (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40702571&postcount=1). I have included the link to Flash Gordon which it is an app, works very easily just download the SuperSU 1.65.zip to your device find the zip with Flash Gordon and run it, then Reboot it and your done. No more Kingo.

Last edited: