[HOW-TO] Enable Band 4 AWS on SM-N900V *REQUIRES ROOT*

Marc MkKoy

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I do not see a file for the SM-N900V here: How to Root Galaxy Note 3! | GalaxyNote3Root.com
Or here: ClockworkMod/TWRP Recoveries | GalaxyNote3Root.com
I've got a SM-N900V on MJE and Android 4.3
I've tried a couple different process out there and have bricked twice and had to do a full recovery. The last one required Keis because it would not go into recovery mode. Odin, Kingo... nothing has worked, and I even used De la Vega : Root_de_la_Vega-SM-N900V.7z
Running Windows 7 with anti-virus turned off and a USB 2.0 cable.
Odin fails, and Kingo just never downloads the files.
I eventually have to unplug and restart the phone, which puts it into a "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" condition.
If I could confirm anyone successfully rooting with my configuration I'd be happy to hear about it. Or, is my config included in the successful roots above, but just not mentioning SM-N900V specifically?
Thanks!

I just tried this method: http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-note-3-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-3/
using n900-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.8(0926) and my screen shows:
ODIN MODE
Product Name: SM-N900V
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A2, P1
Write Protection: Enable
SYS REV CHECK FAIL: No Version
SECURE MAGICCODE CHECK FAIL: recovery
I was able to power off the phone and bring it back up without a brick

I'm about ready to give up on this thing.

Last edited:

serpinzal

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I would like to comment that this method functions also flawlessly with the Verizon S5 too, I tried mine and I am enjoying LTE abroad.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Similar procedure as the op, just select b4 disable.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Must not be able to turn it off. I followed process, turned it off, restarted phone. Checked and it is still on.

This is what it says when I check the status when I use the code provided by OP. If I go thru the secret menu process again after restarting the phone, B4 is checked active again. Seems restart reactivates B4.

8apapyza.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... If not you can flash to pre xlte firmware

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

carlos1984kid

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I would like to ask if this is a possible way of getting this verizon note 3 to work on Wind mobile in Canada, it uses the same aws 1700/2100 as T-mobile in USA. and if so Wind mobile in Canada only uses AWS band 1700/2100 for both data and calling/texting so would i nee to switch on and off?

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You know what would be nice? More control over mobile networking settings. I.e disabling xlte. I upgraded from pre xlte firmware to NC4 and now have around -98db signal strength at work. Usable-but venture further in and it drops entirely and swiches to go back to 700mhz-five bars too. Thats what im guessing anyway because i can't even see what band its running on.

On stock firmware you can't even force 3g! It'd be nice to see some of this address ed in the 4.4.4 update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with that. I'll have 2 bars of service and try to make a phone call and get "mobile network not available" popup. Thanks verizon, you've made my note 3 suck!

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why anyone would want to do this. My GN3 automatically switches to Band 4 xlte when ever I'm in an area that has it and everytime it does my phone sucks. Data is slow, and cell signal is very low. Also my phone is stock, not rooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2