Google's Kit Kat

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Wish we had a date. Anyone with a specific date is probably just blowing hot air. I did like seeing that Verizon pushed the Kit Kat update to Moto X pretty fast.

But I wish it was pushed to us instead.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wish we had a date. Anyone with a specific date is probably just blowing hot air. I did like seeing that Verizon pushed the Kit Kat update to Moto X pretty fast.

But I wish it was pushed to us instead.

I don't think either Samsung, or Google have that much control over its release. Ultimately, the carriers are the ones.

Judging by experience, pushing updates is not by any means a priority for Verizon.

When I purchase a phone such as the Note 3, I have no expectation of receiving this type of update. Unless I'm purchasing something like a Nexus device that is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When I purchase a phone.... I have no expectation of receiving this type of update. Unless I'm purchasing something like a Nexus device that.

Best thought regarding OS/ROM Updates. That is unless you intend to root and load custom ROMs

Posted via Android Central App

ray1945

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I saw a note on Android Central that Galaxy had said their part will be ready in Jan. 2014. Lord knows how long it will take for Verizon to approve.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
it will be released maybe on jan 2014, but verizon will probably roll it out on June 2014. ........

jk guys i hope not.

Last edited:

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has been getting better. It took verizon a few weeks to push out 4.4 for the moto x so it shows that Verizon can push out an update in a reasonable time

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon pushing ICS (and another update) to the Thunderbolt proved to me that they aren't nearly as evil as many here would lead others to believe.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting btw.

You and me both.

I understand Verizon is slow. But what I don't get is every other carrier has released theirs so obviously it doesn't take this long to work out bugs. I get it but I just don't understand why.

dc5_k20z1

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I might have predicted the future....

Yea, your pretty much right on! Why would the Note 3 need KitKat now though?? Nobody needs it to access apps like Google camera, Google now launcher, acdisplay. 4.5 is right around the corner! I'm sure Verizon will just scrap this update and 4.4.3 to update us to the latest OS! So they're probably going to scrap KitKat and wait for Google to release 4.5 then go through another 4 months of testing and then push the update another month or so later! Yay!! Sounds like the next time the Note 3 gets an update on Verizon will be.....December of 2014! Only 1 year for any kind of update! Take your time Verizon, nobody wants updates. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senkajo