Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default When Will Verizon Note 3 Phones get 4.4

Some friends were telling me many of their Android phones (not Note 3) had updated to 4.4 from 4.3 and they had a lot of issues with paid apps not being compatible. Has anyone made a guess of when Verizon might switch our Note 3s over to 4.4 from 4.3? If and when that happens how do we go about getting updated apps (when the developers get them compatible again)? I am not that familiar with paid apps but now have a couple. Do we have to purchase the apps again?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-22-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

Default Re: When Will Note 3 Verizon Phones get 4.4

Nothing definite at this time. One rumor out there is pointing to January being the month that Samsung and Verizon push it.

If and when that happens if any of your apps are not optimized for 4.4 you have to wait on the developer to push the update and when that happens you'll see the update under my apps in the playstore.

By January though most developers would have made their apps 4.4 optimized so I wouldn't really worry.
    Thanked by:

The note 3 will most likely get 4.4. You do not need to buy apps again.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Aren't the already several other threads on this?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro
    AuburnGrad likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

But I did not know 4.4 was called Kit Cat until today.

The Note 3 won't get 4.4 from Verizon for a long time, if ever. What is Verizons incentive to do so? None....so they won't be in a hurry to offer it if ever.

They will. Eventually. At this point kit Kat isn't really a monumental upgrade anyway. They stripped a lot from the non nexus versions

Posted via Android Central App

Verizon put a modified version of 4.3 onto the N3....they hacked Knox. No way are they going to offer 4.4 without modifying that also, and again....what is their incentive to do so? There's no profit motive so they wont.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

While runamuck cannot speak for Verizon, they are historically one of the slower carriers to push out updates, and historically clamp down on a lot of features (Knox being a recent example).

Early 2014 was a rumored timeframe, but there is nothing concrete as yet. If I had to guess, and it's just a guess, like everyone else's, I'd say the Note 3 will get it, probably later than Jan 2014.
    sheaviousdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck0870 View Post
    Verizon put a modified version of 4.3 onto the N3....they hacked Knox. No way are they going to offer 4.4 without modifying that also, and again....what is their incentive to do so? There's no profit motive so they wont.
    There's a HUGE profit motive for them to do so! The N3 is a new device, and any user who is in the demographic to buy the N3 is most likely keenly aware of which version of Android is the latest. To sell a brand new high-end device with a "older" version of the OS is not putting your best foot forward. I think the Verizon and the other carriers know that...

Verizon loads up the Note 3 with bloat ware and kills Knox. And still, the unit sells. Android users aren't that discerning. Bigger screen and fancy specs fools the majority everytime. OS doesn't matter....and to anyone that did concern themselves with it sporting an outdated OS, they'll just root and rom anyways.

No reason for Verizon to worry about updating it. The average customer won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck0870 View Post
    Verizon loads up the Note 3 with bloat ware and kills Knox. And still, the unit sells. Android users aren't that discerning. Bigger screen and fancy specs fools the majority everytime. OS doesn't matter....and to anyone that did concern themselves with it sporting an outdated OS, they'll just root and rom anyways.

No reason for Verizon to worry about updating it. The average customer won't care.
    I care cuz I'm not the average droid supporter

GALAXY NOTE 3! NUFF SAID!
    death to iphone
    brucedbr and NJD_fan like this.

I heard 4.4 update is set for 1st quarter of 2014 maybe as soon as January

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hcane466 View Post
    I heard 4.4 update is set for 1st quarter of 2014 maybe as soon as January

Fingers crossed!

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Keep in mind this IS Verizon we are dealing with. Just because the French carrier SFR says January/February does not mean the US will see it by then. On Verizon I would suspect more like April IF we are lucky. They drag their feet on everything, first to announce, last to ship.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

A lot of Motorola devices are already on or about to get 4.4 on Verizon. Granted Samsung devices are just getting 4.3. It seems the capability is there they just pick and choose what. If Motorola keeps this up along with releasing pretty nice devices, if they ever release one near the size on the note the note 3 will be the last Samsung phone I own.

Quote Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
    A lot of Motorola devices are already on or about to get 4.4 on Verizon. Granted Samsung devices are just getting 4.3. It seems the capability is there they just pick and choose what. If Motorola keeps this up along with releasing pretty nice devices, if they ever release one near the size on the note the note 3 will be the last Samsung phone I own.
    I think I might follow be following suit, if Motorola made a phone comparable to the Note 3.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Any update for Kit Kat coming to Verizon Note 3?

i once remembering somewhere we were due for end of january...now its february so my guess is any day now..and seeing all these other verizon phones getting the update makes me believe we re next.
    Thanked by:

Is kit kat suppose to fix the wifi bug? I am so sick of seeing the message that my wifi is unstable.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyboat View Post
    Any update for Kit Kat coming to Verizon Note 3?
    DEFINITELY not coming in January. Still not holding my breath.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jgraves1107 View Post
    Is kit kat suppose to fix the wifi bug? I am so sick of seeing the message that my wifi is unstable.
    I'm with you. I can be 1 METER from the flipping router and still get the message. Sheez.

Will Kit Kat enable those of us who root the ability to get Google Wallet? I thought I heard that somewhere....

People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

But you can't get to China in a canoe.....
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by the_stig#WN View Post
    Will Kit Kat enable those of us who root the ability to get Google Wallet? I thought I heard that somewhere....

Does google wallet not work on the note3? That's a disappointment. I was looking forward to that.

Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_stig#WN View Post

Technically speaking yes it should work as with kitkat Google wallet uses a different security type that Verizon cannot block

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast