3 issues with VERIZON galaxy NOTE 3

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
1.the new YouTube and the GN3 are not working when it comes to saving a video in the scrap book, the only way this works is you go back to stock factory YOU TUBE
2.Windows transition goes back to 1x after turning it to OFF every time the camera app is open
3.after all the hype about the GN3 battery life is awesome
This GN3 battery drains like a HTC thunderbolt why

Do anybody in the world have any REASON why these issues are taking place

Will the 4.4 kit Kat help!?

Posted via Android Central App

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
1.the new YouTube and the GN3 are not working when it comes to saving a video in the scrap book, the only way this works is you go back to stock factory YOU TUBE
2.Windows transition goes back to 1x after turning it to OFF every time the camera app is open

As far as saving a youtube video to the scrapbook, wouldn't this just save a picture of the video and record the link to said video for viewing later? It does this with the newer version.

For window transition animations, I personally don't see why you would want this off... On my N3 I switched transition animations from 1x to off, went into my camera app, took a picture and then went back in and check the setting. Mine stayed the same, no change.

Lastly, either you're streaming video or music 24x7 our something is wrong with your particular model. I had the Thunderbolt, (way back when) and now I've got a N3. Honestly I could probably go for close to 1.5-2 days before charging if I wanted. I take it off charge at 0500 and with normal usage, screen brightness maybe 3/4 of the way up, no battery saver on, apps using push notification, (set to 15 minutes), weather... you get the picture. I listen to music, play games on it, watch youtube videos and when I go to bed around 2200 I've still got like 50 - 60% battery left. My Thunderbolt, wouldn't last half a day sometimes.

Just my experience...

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply really appreciate it but when it comes to Windows transition on my gs4 once I check it to off it would stay off after doing some more research I found out that I'm not the only one with this problem I mean if you hit something that says off it should stay off but like I said this happens only when the camera is being used

The you tube and scrap book saves videos if you are using the factory you tube otherwise it will only take a screen shot I tried on installing updates for the you tube app but it keeps updating the Play Store

And the battery well I literally watched the percentage on my battery life drop like crazy I dim the brightness all the way down power saving mode on and the results are not what I expected don't know if I have to go back to the Verizon store and compare another Galaxy Note 3 to see if this is a defect

I like the windows transition off cuz the phone react quicker

hey maybe you could google the three issues that I personally have you could probably see what other people are talking about once again thanks for your reply appreciate it man!

GALAXY NOTE 3NUFF SAID death to iPhone

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about fixes for the other issues. But your battery should be doing a lot better than you make it sound.

Look at the usage and see what are the biggest drains. If I am around town and normal usage, I can normally get two days, and this is text often, web browsing, some videos at home, etc. I can go out of town and into the country with single that drops in and out, and still put it on the charger last night at 22:30 with 39%, started the morning at 04:30, and had wifi, bluetooth, gps.

I always run WIFI, GPS, screen set to lower setting that I can still easily read, appx 25%, push ever 15 minutes.

If you can post a screen shot of the battery life, maybe we can see whats draining it.

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok things are looking a little better in the battery tip
Hey let me ask you is it worth rooting the GN3
I went to Verizon and got another GN3 just to make sure it wasn't a defect, I'm going to drain the battery but not all the way and charged it off then turn it on when the light is green , the only time I sync is when I do it manually and GPS I don't use unless I'm watching the nfl mobile or need directions
Hey if you want you can add me on Facebook and join my shea's team droid galaxy

You can find me under sheavious d white thanks again have a bless day

GALAXY NOTE 3! NUFF SAID!
death to iphone

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
For the YouTube just hit the share option then just share it with the scrapbook.

As for the battery sounds like your device is allowing something to run constantly. Might be good glue play services. I get great battery life and I stream music via bluetooth all day long and use my gps along with calls and texts.

Rockin my Note 3

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope you gotta go back to the stock version of you tube in order to save a video using scrapbook for GN3 go ahead Google it that's where I'm getting that info so I went and tried it and it definitely works perfectly with the stock version of YouTube not the new YouTube app and my battery life seems to be better totally better will for now

death to iphone

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah I was told to take a screen shot on my battery status and put it on here lol uh like how do I do that

death to iphone

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah I was told to take a screen shot on my battery status and put it on here lol uh like how do I do that

death to iphone

• Pull out your little s-pen
  • Click on screen write (This creates the screenshot)
  • Tick the little check to save if you wanted to make a note on said screenshot otherwise hit the (x) and you're good.

Saves it in the gallery under.... screenshots. :)

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I have not tried the YouTube/scrapbook thing you are referring to but as for the transition animation bug, it's not a Note 3 issue is an android 4.3 issue, because as soon as I updated my wife's S4 she started to have the same problem

Battery life is great, with heavy use and poor signal reception I can get about 12 to 14 hours but with moderate use and full 4g signal I get up to 20 to 22 hours, that being said... There are a lot of factors that affect battery life... But since you are a YouTube person there are a lot of videos on there that give u different tips on how to improve battery life...

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
To the OP...
I've reformatted my Note3 twice now...b/c I had the same horrible battery life. I found the culprit to be Google Services. So I am very careful which Google Services I add...and so far...I have the amazing battery life again. Some others might know more on this...but for now it appears to be a bug.
It sucks tho...cause my Note2 never had bugs like this. The proximity sensor issue is driving me crazy.

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
To the OP...
I've reformatted my Note3 twice now...b/c I had the same horrible battery life. I found the culprit to be Google Services. So I am very careful which Google Services I add...and so far...I have the amazing battery life again. Some others might know more on this...but for now it appears to be a bug.
It sucks tho...cause my Note2 never had bugs like this. The proximity sensor issue is driving me crazy.

Hey shantheman so did you turn off Google services by going into Application Manager
What is it did you do since you found the culprit to be that

death to iphone

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
  • Pull out your little s-pen
  • Click on screen write (This creates the screenshot)
  • Tick the little check to save if you wanted to make a note on said screenshot otherwise hit the (x) and you're good.

Saves it in the gallery under.... screenshots. :)

Lol I know how to take a screen shot I just wanna know how to put the screen shot on here in the forum?

death to iphone

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey shantheman so did you turn off Google services by going into Application Manager
What is it did you do since you found the culprit to be that

death to iphone

I did...but could never narrow it down to 'Google Services'. My hunch is it was Google's location services. I have gps turned on...and I'll turn network location on...but it seems when I turned on the google location that's when it keep running in the background. That's my hunch tho. I tried to turn it off in applications and also under settings...but I only saw a dramatic battery increase when I reformatted and use any location services sparingly. (With my note2...it was the first phone I had where I just it all on and the battery was still awesome).
Interestingly...my wife's S4 was also having google services battery drain...and since I've reformatted hers...big difference as well.
Hope that helps.

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I did...but could never narrow it down to 'Google Services'. My hunch is it was Google's location services. I have gps turned on...and I'll turn network location on...but it seems when I turned on the google location that's when it keep running in the background. That's my hunch tho. I tried to turn it off in applications and also under settings...but I only saw a dramatic battery increase when I reformatted and use any location services sparingly. (With my note2...it was the first phone I had where I just it all on and the battery was still awesome).
Interestingly...my wife's S4 was also having google services battery drain...and since I've reformatted hers...big difference as well.
Hope that helps.

When you say re format it how exactly did you do that

death to iphone

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
ANDROID ,GOOGLE, VERIZON, SAMSUNG, ARE ALL STARTING TO ACT LIKE FEMALE DOGS AND THIS IS WHY APPLE SEEMS TO BE ON TOP SO SAD

death to iphone

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have no battery issues. I keep screen at full brightness and I keep GPS, wifi, bluetooth and NFC always on. I was at the Rose Bowl on Saturday and watched TV via a Slingbox-like app (Vulkano) and had the screen on continuously for over 3 hours and the battery was over 60% when I was done. I'd say that's satisfactory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy