N3 Developers Edition - What's the difference and is it worth waiting for

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I am hearing there is a difference between the bootloader being unlocked and the phone being rooted. I have read lately that the N3 root is now available. I am waiting for a backordered N3 developers edition but wonder if it is much different now that root is here for the standard N3. I am a Verizon Unlimited Data customer so I have to pay full price for either one. Will a developer edition allow me to remove bloatware when the standard version may not? Thanks guys. I am not new to computers, just new to advanced android use such as rooting and roms. I purchased titanium backup a few years ago to find out I had to be rooted to use it, I would like to be able to use it in the future.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, it has an unlocked bootloader, correct? And that means you can get rid of touchwiz and install a custom ROM if there are any, correct?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release: Developers Edition Has Released And Is Selling Well

I am reading that the developer edition will have an unlocked bootloader, and knox installed stock. It will sell for around $700. I am on an unlimited plan so I have to pay full price anyway. Up until a few days ago many sites list full price as $800, Verizon just dropped the full price to $700. I will pay the extra $100 for the unlocked bootloader to give me a few extra options. It will be my first phone in a while, and I will eventually work up the courage to start playing with fire and try a few different roms. I got a reservation or one, but I will not wait forever for it to be in stock.

Last edited: