Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Help With Group Messages from Iphones

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have converted from the Iphone 5 to the Note 3. I have searched and done everything posted from unregistering the phone, changing the number, changing the Apple ID, changing how my contact is listed on fellow workers Iphones.. Still not getting group messages from some of the co workers. They use I message and refuse to shut it off just for me and tell me go back to Iphone. I have checked there settings and SMS / MMS is all turned on. I'm at a loss and really like the Note 3 but this has become a very big deal. I also have tried Handcet, Verizon and Sliding SMS message apps. No Luck..

Also some Iphones I do get the group texts and others I do not or I only get two sided conversations missing the third and fourth person in the group.

ANYONE PLEASE HELP LOL :)

honu85

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If you want you can download Verizon messages from the play store. I've used that for group messages works like the iPhone one.

Posted via Android Central App

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
A few other popular sms apps to try are Go SMS, Chomp/Textra (same developer), WhatsApp (I use this, but not for group texting). Pretty sure you can all Skype as a group as well.

Hangouts (Google) may be able to do group messaging now too, not sure. If not, it probably will soon.

My kid uses kik a lot. Maybe worth checking if all else fails.

Anyway, some things to try. Good luck.

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have tried Verizon messaging. The users are iPhone users and will not download other apps. So if I can't get it to work somehow I may have to revert back to Apple land. I really don't want to cause the Note does a lot and so customizable.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely say it has something to do with your old iMessage. I have heard some people have had to reactivate their iPhone/iMessage, shut it off, and then deactivate the phone again. I'm sure someone who has experience switching from an iPhone to Android will chime in soon, but the process is something like that.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I would definitely say it has something to do with your old iMessage. I have heard some people have had to reactivate their iPhone/iMessage, shut it off, and then deactivate the phone again. I'm sure someone who has experience switching from an iPhone to Android will chime in soon, but the process is something like that.

The SMS messaging apps did not work as a solution for me. This is an ongoing issue on Apple's end but I am good now w/ getting my messages from all my iPhone friends. Came over from an iPhone 5 and for over 1 1/2 months I still couldn't get all my messages and I did everything I was told to do. What I eventually had to do was reset my iCloud password on the Apple website and reset it under manage your Apple ID. The 2nd step was have the iPhone user (whoever you are still not receiving messages from) select the option on their end to send it as a text message rather than iMessage. Once they do that it should work for now on.

Shane Dowler

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
The SMS messaging apps did not work as a solution for me. This is an ongoing issue on Apple's end but I am good now w/ getting my messages from all my iPhone friends. Came over from an iPhone 5 and for over 1 1/2 months I still couldn't get all my messages and I did everything I was told to do. What I eventually had to do was reset my iCloud password on the Apple website and reset it under manage your Apple ID. The 2nd step was have the iPhone user (whoever you are still not receiving messages from) select the option on their end to send it as a text message rather than iMessage. Once they do that it should work for now on.

Thanks for the tip here. I just switched from the 5 on Monday and am only receiving some peoples text messages. I know its iMessage related. I just unregistered my iPhone. I will update my iCloud password. I am curious to see how you solve the problem above.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip here. I just switched from the 5 on Monday and am only receiving some peoples text messages. I know its iMessage related. I just unregistered my iPhone. I will update my iCloud password. I am curious to see how you solve the problem above.

The only way it finally fixed was having my friends send the message as a text rather than their iMessage after doing everything else. I can't remember the steps but I think when they hold down the sent message (the original message they tried to send that didn't go through) a menu should pop up and ask them if they would like to send it as a text instead. Once they do that their iPhone should automatically send the messages to you as a text for now on. It's a pain trying to transition over and this is something that would be nice for us former iPhone users to not have to go through the extra steps just so we can get all our messages but I'm sure for Apple this fix is something that's last on their list hoping that we will go back lol.

robinfeig

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I had my friends do this and I can receive individual texts from them this way, but still not getting their group texts because they say there is nothing to press on group to convert to text message (instead of imessage). I haven't tried resetting my icloud password but I did shut off imessage after I switched to the note 3. Thanks for the tips. Wish me luck

hcspivey

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same problem for several months now. I've called Apple and Verizon and they tell me the same old tricks which did not work for me. I believe I finally solved it without making others turn their imessage off on their iphone.

I used my fiance's iphone and signed her out of imessage and FaceTime. I then signed in with my Apple ID and sent some imessages to myself (made sure they were imessages), which are now showing up on her phone. It effectively kicked my old phone number out of imessage and began using hers. I even received an e-mail from Apple stating the change. Finally I signed out of everything with my Apple ID and she signed back in. Now when she creates a text message to me the default is "green" instead of a "blue" imessage.

Let me know if this works for anyone else...

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
If you still have access to the old iPhone that you were using, you will need to sign out of both iMessage AND FaceTime. Signing out of iMessage alone will not fix the problem. Once you sign out of/disable both, all text messages will come through with no problem. And group messaging works just fine with the stock messaging app. No need to use any third party apps unless you want to.

Last edited:

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I changed my apple id I have put the apple on a another line with a new phone number. Still having issues. .

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, Update:
I seem to be getting group messages from most IPhones except my bosses Iphone 5. I have went in and turned off his Imessage and turned it back on. I have selected send as MMS. On my old Iphone I have logged out and logged in to Imessage and back out. Reset my Apple ID and ICloud passwords. I have factory reset the phone. I have it on a totally different phone number.... My boss is getting extremely frustrated that we can not figure this out. I may have to go back to IPHONE for work. I do not want to carry two phones or should not have to.. ANYONE Else can chime in here???? Thanks in advance.

PS I have tried all the message apps
Verizon,Sliding, Handcent and the stock messaging apps on the Note 3..

I have factory reset it etc etc......

sirgeeps

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I have converted from the Iphone 5 to the Note 3. I have searched and done everything posted from unregistering the phone, changing the number, changing the Apple ID, changing how my contact is listed on fellow workers Iphones.. Still not getting group messages from some of the co workers. They use I message and refuse to shut it off just for me and tell me go back to Iphone. I have checked there settings and SMS / MMS is all turned on. I'm at a loss and really like the Note 3 but this has become a very big deal. I also have tried Handcet, Verizon and Sliding SMS message apps. No Luck..

Also some Iphones I do get the group texts and others I do not or I only get two sided conversations missing the third and fourth person in the group.

ANYONE PLEASE HELP LOL :)

I am literally having the exact same issue since October. Apple and Verizon have no solutions. I don't have an upgrade left otherwise I'd go back to iPhone.

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Does signing out of Facetime AND iMessage not work? I'm getting my Note 3 tomorrow and this is going to irritate me. No chance I go back to Apple though -- not after this crap they're pulling.

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My bosses iphone is the only one I can't get his side of the group conversations. For a short minute it worked and now it doesn't again.

The other day when he grouped me and another regular phone it did go as a group convo.

I have tried everything. Even with his Iphone. He gets so irritated cause I don't get his half of the convo or story..
Other then that I love the Note 3.

petrillae

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
you have to shut off your imessage on old iphone under settings. then ask all your friends with iphones to delete you from contacts and message threads. then retext them and their phones willnow recognize you as a droid instead of iphone. I got this from apple they said just delete me out of message threads but that didnt work, my friends had to delete me altogether and reenter me when i text them after detetion and it all works fine now.
also you can download at&t messages app for group messaging it works great if you are with at&t.

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I know. I've tried all of that with no luck. Right now It's just down to my bosses Iphone.
I have deleted myself, checked his mms message settings etc. He won't let me shut of I message though.

sirgeeps

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I know. I've tried all of that with no luck. Right now It's just down to my bosses Iphone.
I have deleted myself, checked his mms message settings etc. He won't let me shut of I message though.

This is EXACTLY the same issue I'm having. Switched from iPhone to note 3 back in October. All my coworkers use iPhone. If a group text is started there is one iPhone user that doesn't get the messages. If I'm not included in the group, that user gets the message. I have tried EVERYTHING. Apple and Verizon are no help. If I was within my return date I would just go back to iPhone even though I love the note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JF7FSU

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
You also have to sign out of the app store & iCloud in addition to facetime and imessage (all 4 places on ALL Apple devices (including appleTV & Ipod/Ipad). You also need to relog in with a new apple ID in order to clear the old apple ID from all devices and keep the device from defaulting to the old appleID prompting for a password.;). I solved the problem by unregistering my phone number from my apple ID and changing my apple ID and resigning in on my devices with the new ID. If you have old devices signed in this is likely your culprit. I have no issues now and receive all group/MMS/SMS. I strongly recommend TEXTRA and enable group messaging, it is very similar to apple texting and way better than the stock app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech