1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will the N3 on Verizon not download voicemails?

I just made the switch from Sprint to Verizon and one thing I miss from my Sprint S3 is the voicemails downloading to the phone so I didn't have to call in. My coworkers with their iphones showed me that their phones downloaded the voicemails and my brother that has a N3 on AT&T says his download as well. Am I missing something or is this not available?

Default Re: Will the N3 on Verizon not download voicemails?

Verizon forces you to subscribe to Visual Voice mail and (I think) you have to use their Visual Voicemail app to listen to your vmail audio files. Not sure you can actually download them from within that as I don't subscribe to Visual Vmail.

To avoid paying for Visual Voice mail and get the same functionality, I have a work-around. I have a Google Voice number, and in the options there is to let it act as the Voice Mail engine for your Verizon cell phone calls. With Google Voice, you have the option to be emailed with your voice mail: the .wav file itself, the transcribed text, or both. Works pretty well, and again at no cost.

Hope this helps.

Yeah it is something verizon has done for a long time to try and get even more money. I use the google voice as well and although the transcription to text is not perfect you generally get the main point of the voice mail.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I've used the free YouMail app. It also has a web application. I don't use it now because it's not a big deal to me to call voice mail, but if I got a lot of messages I can see that it would be much easier to use one of the visual VM apps.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I appreciate the input. I set up the google voice, its a very nice setup.