Verizon Note 3: how to disable power saving mode?

wmscottmc

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
How can I disable the 'feature' that puts the phone into power saving mode when the battery hits 30%?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to disable power saving mode?

Weird mine doesn't do this and I can't find the option to make it not do this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

wmscottmc

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

My solution was to set my phone to enable power saving mode at 10% instead of 30%.

The problem with this feature is that once the phone is Recharged its left in PSM and everything has to be reset manually. Autoscreen, gps, wifi, autorotate, sound settings.....etc

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Pull down the toggle screen and there is a toggle in there to disable power saving mode.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Actually I found that enabling Power Save Mode INCREASES battery drainage. Maybe it's just the way I use my phone.

I only noticed this because one day the battery was draining faster than normal, the GPS accuracy was terrible and my screen wouldn't go to full brightness. After fiddling around I found that somehow Power Save Mode had gotten turned on (the battery hadn't gotten down to 30%, not sure how it got turned on.) Anyway I turned Power Save Mode off and the Note 3 was back to normal again.

topturk

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Hi there, I been looking for ages to turn this feature off. All my power saving options are off but still when the battery reaches 30% everything goes off. Please can you tell me how you switched this feature off.

Thanx

wmscottmc

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Not sure how we enabled this 'feature', most users dont even know what we are talking about. Its been awhile but this is how I fixed mine.... Let the phone run down to 30%, then open the auto power config from the notifications screen. There is an option there to disable this crappy feature. Or to set it to 10% like I did. Good luck

Joseph Hindman

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

if you have AVG security installed, this is the culprit. after my battery went to 30% i checked the notifications and changed settings there and saw the settings that i needed to change. i kept going back and back to the main page and there was AVG homepage under performance, i put everything back to normal and it was back to normal

FIXED!

let me know if i helped you!

wmscottmc

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Joe! You are correct that this is an AVG setting. I had just been assuming that this was Android config. I can finally disable this annoying "feature".

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have heard several people say they get better battery life with the power saving feature on the phone turned off. Ive never used on my new note3, havent needed it and w what ive heard I prob won't use it.

I havr avg free edition on the last three phones I've had and havent noticed it taking more power than just a little.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34