Note 3 won't stop beeping

pandrews1978

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased my Note 3 on November 30th. For the first week everything was great. But then this beeping noise started. And sometimes it doesn't stop until I power off the phone. I searched the internet, various forums, and of course technical support at Verizon. The best advice I could get was to swap out the phone, so I did. No sooner did I get home from the Verizon store, the beeping started again. At this point I was told that I couldn't swap the phone again but I truly do love the phone so much that I bout the Samsung Gear. I was told to do a hard factory reset and to turn off "Auto Restore" and it should stop. Everything was great for a day or so and it has started again. It's this three tone melody. Can anyone help?

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Is your stylus in the phone? Mine beeped when I took the stylus more than a couple yards from the phone.
I just got this phone this weekend and that's all I can think of for now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased my Note 3 on November 30th. For the first week everything was great. But then this beeping noise started. And sometimes it doesn't stop until I power off the phone. I searched the internet, various forums, and of course technical support at Verizon. The best advice I could get was to swap out the phone, so I did. No sooner did I get home from the Verizon store, the beeping started again. At this point I was told that I couldn't swap the phone again but I truly do love the phone so much that I bout the Samsung Gear. I was told to do a hard factory reset and to turn off "Auto Restore" and it should stop. Everything was great for a day or so and it has started again. It's this three tone melody. Can anyone help?

Sound like it's a notification sound from one of you apps, go into, settings, sound, ringtone. Try each ringtone and see if one of these ringtones is the beeps you hear from your phone, if so then you have to find which app is giving you this notification sound. My note 2 I had the same problem I check and found that it was my yahoo mail, however you may not find this in your phone sound notification. Some apps have their own sound notification that is different from your phone sound notification keep this in mind also!! Yahoo Mail has their own sound notification that is different from the Note 3 ringtones

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
There is also a beeping/alarm associated with NFC that is a known issue. If you have NFC on turn it off and see if that gets rid of the beeping.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Stephanie Rona

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
You. You. You. THANK YOU! It was totally the NFC causing my issue. I assume that every time I unlocked the screen, or opened a program, it was actively looking for a device to sync with. UGH! That was annoying.

megphoenix

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
this was driving me crazy and it was the NFC - what possible use could that irritating noise be no one would ever want to be subjected to that!!!

Eric Hendricks1

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
My NFC is off. It started the random notification after the last update last month. I've turn notifications down but then I don't know when I get a text.
Also quit showing a call screen on incoming calls if I have my screen lock on. Can anybody help??

JohnTran007

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Try to turn on BLOCKING MODE feature in the SETTING under DEVICE. It stopped this annoying beeping sound on my Note 3 whenever it was turn on. Good luck.