1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 won't stop beeping

I just purchased my Note 3 on November 30th. For the first week everything was great. But then this beeping noise started. And sometimes it doesn't stop until I power off the phone. I searched the internet, various forums, and of course technical support at Verizon. The best advice I could get was to swap out the phone, so I did. No sooner did I get home from the Verizon store, the beeping started again. At this point I was told that I couldn't swap the phone again but I truly do love the phone so much that I bout the Samsung Gear. I was told to do a hard factory reset and to turn off "Auto Restore" and it should stop. Everything was great for a day or so and it has started again. It's this three tone melody. Can anyone help?

Default Re: Note 3 won't stop beeping

Is your stylus in the phone? Mine beeped when I took the stylus more than a couple yards from the phone.
    I just got this phone this weekend and that's all I can think of for now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pandrews1978 View Post
    I just purchased my Note 3 on November 30th. For the first week everything was great. But then this beeping noise started. And sometimes it doesn't stop until I power off the phone. I searched the internet, various forums, and of course technical support at Verizon. The best advice I could get was to swap out the phone, so I did. No sooner did I get home from the Verizon store, the beeping started again. At this point I was told that I couldn't swap the phone again but I truly do love the phone so much that I bout the Samsung Gear. I was told to do a hard factory reset and to turn off "Auto Restore" and it should stop. Everything was great for a day or so and it has started again. It's this three tone melody. Can anyone help?
    Sound like it's a notification sound from one of you apps, go into, settings, sound, ringtone. Try each ringtone and see if one of these ringtones is the beeps you hear from your phone, if so then you have to find which app is giving you this notification sound. My note 2 I had the same problem I check and found that it was my yahoo mail, however you may not find this in your phone sound notification. Some apps have their own sound notification that is different from your phone sound notification keep this in mind also!! Yahoo Mail has their own sound notification that is different from the Note 3 ringtones

Do factory reset and use it for a day or two without installing any software. It sounds like it almost has to be software related.

There is also a beeping/alarm associated with NFC that is a known issue. If you have NFC on turn it off and see if that gets rid of the beeping.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

You. You. You. THANK YOU! It was totally the NFC causing my issue. I assume that every time I unlocked the screen, or opened a program, it was actively looking for a device to sync with. UGH! That was annoying.

Thumbs up Re: Note 3 won't stop beeping

NFC worked for me to Thank you. I have been looking for a resolution for months now.