IOS Apple converts-please advise

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
When the Android first came out with the Motorola DROID and DROIDx, I bought those devices. When the iPhone came to Verizon I converted because I wanted to see what all the hype was over the iPhone. After about a year, I was looking the Samsung Galaxy S3 and felt compelled to switch back. After about 6 months and lots of attempts to make the battery last for at least 10 hours, I switched back and got an iPhone 5. My major complaint was the battery life. I tried Power Saving apps, and reducing the updating frequency to the point where it was all on manual updates and it felt like a regular phone. One of the main problems, is that where I work for some reason the cell coverage is very poor and only happens in my classroom. In the other classrooms its much better.

Recently, I purchased a Note 8 and I am impressed. I love ALL the functionality of this device especially with the stylus. I never cared for the stylus that you can buy for the Apple products because it feels like you are writing with a blunt crayon. So now, I am thinking about converting back to the Android system and getting a Note 3. So, I have 2 main questions:

1. How is the battery life? I am not sure I am interested in an extended battery added to the phone because it will increase bulk and reduce the aesthetic appeal of the device. I hated the extended battery on S3, it defeated one of my main purposes for getting that phone.

2. How is the battery life compared the Samsung Galaxy S3? Is it better?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well the note 3 has a much larger battery and the tech has also improved to maximize battery life. I'm sure many noter's will agree that you'll get a lot more screen on time than the s3

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
The difference in battery life between my Note 3 and my old S3 is night and day. The Note 3 rocks.

Posted via Android Central App

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the Droid X. The battery was abysmal as it is with my current Verizon Galaxy Nexus (I get about 3 to 4 hours out of each). My iPhone 5 is better. I get between 6 and 8 hours out of that phone. I carry two phones to get through the day and still need to change whenever I am at my desk or in my car to make it through the day.

My wife's S4 has much better battery life than my iPhone 5. She is a pretty heavy user and after about 15 hours of use always has at least 50% of her battery left. The contract for my Galaxy Nexus is up for renewal at the end of the year. I plan on switching to the Note 3 at that time and am looking forward to the increased battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just switched to the Note 3 from an iPhone 5. I use my phone for calls from 2-3 hours every day, plus about 4 hours of screen on time. On the iPhone I'd get it to last up until 5 - 6 PM before needing to put it on a charger. And I'd toggle BT off when not actively using it to get that much.

On the Note 3, same usage but keeping BT on all day, I am on 40% remaining battery by 8 PM. Easily beats the iPhone but that's expected given size of battery.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I use my Note 3 from about seven in the morning until nine at night. I am constantly sending and reading emails, on phone calls or browsing the internet. When I go to bed at night, I usually have at least 45% of my battery life left.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Heavy user, mainly from streaming Sirius probably around half the workday. Excellent battery life - rarely ever worry about having to plug in before the end of the night, and if I do, it's really late, and the battery % is really low.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Heavy user, mainly from streaming Sirius probably around half the workday. Excellent battery life - rarely ever worry about having to plug in before the end of the night, and if I do, it's really late, and the battery % is really low.

That about sums up my usage!

Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.

SGEN3

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
First phone I charge once every 24 hours and I'm a heavy user. The phone also very fast to charge (I'd say faster than the iPhone due to the larger battery it charges in the same time and I had a iPhone 5 before).

Hands down. EPIC battery life.

OIF VETERAN 2009 - 2010

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all of the information. On Sunday I bought the phone. Used it for half the day on Sunday. It started out at 60% and lost 30% by the evening. I used it at work today and charged it fully. By 8 p.m. after 15 hours of operation, I still have 65% left. That is also including time when the signal strength was very low. The battery life on this device is amazing and using the new USB 3.0 charge cord to charge from the outlet was truly amazing as well. It took no time to charge the phone last night.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's working out for you. Nice when we find a device that suits us well

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Loving the battery life on this thing. Not the heaviest user in the World but I started today at 6am and still have 38% power left at midnight

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
You guys are making me jealous. My Galaxy Nexus has been off the charger for exactly five hours and twelve minutes and I have 8% of my battery left. My upgrade date (December 28th) can't come soon enough.

Glorfindale

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If Note 3 is too big for you, consider the G2. The battery is a tad smaller, but so is the screen, so battery usage is still very competitive. I opted for Note 3, but G2 was very strongly considered.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from my iPhone 5 to the Note 3 via Verizon's Edge plan. The plan makes sense if you desire to upgrade more often. When you opt for the Edge, the only thing you pay upfront is the first month's payment and the tax on the phone. That is a savings of about $330 up front as opposed to renewing the line. If you renewed the line you would pay the 299 plus tax and activation. There is no activation fee for the Edge program. So, in Los Angeles, the out of pocket to renew the line would be about $405.That is equal to about 12 months of payment on the Edge.

With the Edge, when you want to upgrade again, you surrender the phone and make sure you have paid half of the balance off and then get a new phone to start all over again if you wish.

Also, Verizon has a deal that if you opt for the Note 3 (could also apply to other devices as well), the Samsung Smart Gear watch is 199. That is what sold me.

You guys are making me jealous. My Galaxy Nexus has been off the charger for exactly five hours and twelve minutes and I have 8% of my battery left. My upgrade date (December 28th) can't come soon enough.

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from my iPhone 5 to the Note 3 via Verizon's Edge plan. The plan makes sense if you desire to upgrade more often.

Don't you need to finish out your current contract when upgrading via edge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4, Verizon Galaxy Nexus, HTC Resound, iPhone 5

Previous Phones:
Droid X, HTC Incredible, Blackberry 9700, Blackberry 8830

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes and No. You do have to be eligible for an upgrade to take advantage of the Edge BUT, if you are close to the contract date, they will do an early upgrade using the Edge plan. Otherwise, you will have to wait until one of your lines come up for renewal. If you are due an early upgrade, the Corporate Office does not do it. Its only the stores that will do the Early Upgrade to Edge.

Don't you need to finish out your current contract when upgrading via edge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4, Verizon Galaxy Nexus, HTC Resound, iPhone 5

Previous Phones:
Droid X, HTC Incredible, Blackberry 9700, Blackberry 8830

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
HaHa, I like the Crapple part. Never heard of that before. I heard of people calling the non-Apple people the Ipoop but Crapple seems to sum it up well.

Just transitioned from the iPhone 4S to the Note 3. IM NEVER GOING BACK TO CRAPPLE. The battery on the Note 3 is amazing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user