Headphone Jack Problem

Elliott Hilton

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my Note 3 since about late October, and it has worked fine until now.

I usually use it for Spotify on the way to my classes, so I'm constantly putting in/taking out headphones. Everything has been fine until the other day when I realized that my phone was displaying that headphones were enabled, when they weren't. I didn't think much of this until I discovered that there was no audio output whatsoever, and the only way I'd be able to hear anything was if I put headphones in it. I've restarted it like four times to no success, I've put in headphones and removed them several times in hope of jarring something loose. Does anyone have any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oops, I totally missed where you said you restarted 4 times, sorry!

It sure sounds like a problem with the jack itself. Instead of using a headphone plug to try to jar any debris loose, try a damp toothpick.

Posted via Android Central App

Elliott Hilton

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm strapped for supplies/utencils at the moment, but I'll see what I can find. If the jack ends up being faulty, is that something I can have fixed without having to ship it back to Samsung? I'm super bummed out that I'm already having problems with the phone, and as it stands right now, I can't even call it a phone considering I'm unable to make calls with it...I don't have a pair of headphones with a mic and isn't allowing me to use speakerphone...I swear, anytime I have a problem, it's always something bizarre that requires outside help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're super-handy with tools and electronics, the best I can suggest is to bring it in to a local cellphone repair shop and get an estimate.

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Just a thought....try a different pair of headphones ...may the jack on them will pry something loose and fix your problem

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem on a Note 2. Definitely get it warrantied it will keep happening. Just when you think it's gone you'll unplug some headphones after listening to music and it's back.

Happened to me in San Diego in vacation and missed out on a lot of videos with sound cause my phone thought I had headphones in. It seems to happen at the worst times

Posted via Android Central App

May 12, 2013
Visit site
You can get the app soundabout and make sounds go to whatever you want, headphones plugged in or not. Band aid fix but it should work.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I was having issues with my Ones headphone jack too. I took a q tip, pulled off most of the cotton and put rubbing alcohol on it. Ring out most of it so it's hardly damp and clean out the jack.

I haven't had an issue since

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Justin_27

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Using an Air Blast can get most debris out. The most common cause of faulty connections is dust and lint. If the air doesnt work turn your phone of and slightly scrape the inside with a toothpick or something that fits. Sometimes it is just fault headphones.

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi How Are You All?I Want To Ask You About Note 3 Headphone Jack.Im Having A Problem With My Note 3 Headphone Jack And The Problem Is This That when i insert my headphones in jack n make a call to someone,he can't hear my voice clearly but i can listen their voice.Every time when i cal someone while using headphones everyone says that we can't hear your voice.So guys tell me the solution how i can fix this problem

tylerm6080

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The fact is that unless its water damage or personal error then the phone is defective. I shouldn't have to pay out of pocket if it is a software problem that is obviously common enough for there to be multiple forums about.

royman199

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
My Note 3 wasn't recognizing a headset when plugged in. Tried the toothpick thing; got a little lint out and it works fine now.
THANKS!

Carla Bass

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
I was having issue with Note 3 having earphones showing as attached and could not call out with sounds, etc. Used the advice to blow into the port for headphone. Fixed it immediately!!!!
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae