1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Headphone Jack Problem

So I've had my Note 3 since about late October, and it has worked fine until now.

I usually use it for Spotify on the way to my classes, so I'm constantly putting in/taking out headphones. Everything has been fine until the other day when I realized that my phone was displaying that headphones were enabled, when they weren't. I didn't think much of this until I discovered that there was no audio output whatsoever, and the only way I'd be able to hear anything was if I put headphones in it. I've restarted it like four times to no success, I've put in headphones and removed them several times in hope of jarring something loose. Does anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: Headphone Jack Problem

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried rebooting the phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, it's still showing headphones connected when there aren't.

Oops, I totally missed where you said you restarted 4 times, sorry!

It sure sounds like a problem with the jack itself. Instead of using a headphone plug to try to jar any debris loose, try a damp toothpick.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'm strapped for supplies/utencils at the moment, but I'll see what I can find. If the jack ends up being faulty, is that something I can have fixed without having to ship it back to Samsung? I'm super bummed out that I'm already having problems with the phone, and as it stands right now, I can't even call it a phone considering I'm unable to make calls with it...I don't have a pair of headphones with a mic and isn't allowing me to use speakerphone...I swear, anytime I have a problem, it's always something bizarre that requires outside help.

Unless you're super-handy with tools and electronics, the best I can suggest is to bring it in to a local cellphone repair shop and get an estimate.

Just a thought....try a different pair of headphones ...may the jack on them will pry something loose and fix your problem

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I had this problem on a Note 2. Definitely get it warrantied it will keep happening. Just when you think it's gone you'll unplug some headphones after listening to music and it's back.

Happened to me in San Diego in vacation and missed out on a lot of videos with sound cause my phone thought I had headphones in. It seems to happen at the worst times

Posted via Android Central App

You can get the app soundabout and make sounds go to whatever you want, headphones plugged in or not. Band aid fix but it should work.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I was having issues with my Ones headphone jack too. I took a q tip, pulled off most of the cotton and put rubbing alcohol on it. Ring out most of it so it's hardly damp and clean out the jack.

I haven't had an issue since

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Using an Air Blast can get most debris out. The most common cause of faulty connections is dust and lint. If the air doesnt work turn your phone of and slightly scrape the inside with a toothpick or something that fits. Sometimes it is just fault headphones.