Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By karsdroid
  • 1 Post By Markster1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hotspot with unlimited data

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and I want to use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop. I havent gotten the latest update said to break the Hotspot thing that people are using I'm still on MJ7. Do I even need to do that since I'm on unlimited data cant I just turn on the hotspot and be happy? Really need some help guys

Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

Hotspot isn't free unless you do the workaround or get rid of your unlimited plan. Use stock Mobile Hotspot app on Verizon without subscription
    Thanked by:

You must use the trick. If not Verizon wants you to pay $30 extra a month to use "official" tethering.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:

Fox-Fi has continued to work after the most recent update. I'm using the paid version because it doesn't limit data.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

For those who are ROOTED with the VZW MJE version of software, there's a hack you can use that's listed in . Make sure you are on PAGE 2 of the XDA post and scroll down to user SURGE1223. If you replace the file in the SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK folder with his hacked file, it turns on the hotspot without first checking for compliance!!!

MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ... specifically copying the file to the SYSTEM folder first, then changing permissions, and finally dropping it into the SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK folder; failure to comply will lead to a bootloop error!!!

THANKS SURGE1223. The patched file works flawlessly.

Hotspot feature got fixed by Verizon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Hotspot feature got fixed by Verizon.

Yep... Unless you go the rooted way .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Newman View Post
    I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and I want to use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop. I havent gotten the latest update said to break the Hotspot thing that people are using I'm still on MJ7. Do I even need to do that since I'm on unlimited data cant I just turn on the hotspot and be happy? Really need some help guys
    foxfi is working.....it forced me to download the vpn cert and set a pin on the unlock screen, the hack for that seems to be gone and not working for me, but foxfi is working. i also have the paid foxfi app...totally worth it.
    areyes163 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    foxfi is working.....it forced me to download the vpn cert and set a pin on the unlock screen, the hack for that seems to be gone and not working for me, but foxfi is working. i also have the paid foxfi app...totally worth it.
    Same here works for me

Rockin my Note 3

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    It doesn't work all the time for me. It worked earlier when I showed my friend that she can use her phone as a hotspot. But isn't working now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled too. Still a no go.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by ki11ak3nn View Post
    It doesn't work all the time for me. It worked earlier when I showed my friend that she can use her phone as a hotspot. But isn't working now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled too. Still a no go.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3
    the guy who posted on xda said he tried multiple times before it worked for him.... not sure whats up

I've been successful getting foxfi to work.

Anyone know how to reverse what foxfi does which is to require unlock code. Won't let me deselect it in settings on phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Anyone know how to reverse what foxfi does which is to require unlock code. Won't let me deselect it in settings on phone.

If I recall correctly lead the same issue. I came across a thread in the forums that suggested changing the Pin security to a Pattern security.

Once this is done, incorrectly use a different pattern 3-4 times and if all goes well you're present with an option to enter your Gmail account to unlock the security feature.

I also came across using the "nosceenlock" option in the Foxfi hash field, did not work for me. Option one did. Good luck and please do a search for any of these keywords in the forums or net. Sorry I can't recall specifically where I came across option one for the fix?

Sorry for the typos! - Ricardo 😊

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

FoxFi Paid worked for me last night thanks guys
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rrabago View Post
    If I recall correctly lead the same issue. I came across a thread in the forums that suggested changing the Pin security to a Pattern security.

Once this is done, incorrectly use a different pattern 3-4 times and if all goes well you're present with an option to enter your Gmail account to unlock the security feature.

I also came across using the "nosceenlock" option in the Foxfi hash field, did not work for me. Option one did. Good luck and please do a search for any of these keywords in the forums or net. Sorry I can't recall specifically where I came across option one for the fix?

That didn't give me access back. I don't like how foxfi has control of my phone now.

Got it unlocked

rrabago likes this.

Try this worked for me.

Rockin my Note 3
    Thanked by: