Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By karsdroid
  • 1 Post By Markster1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Hotspot with unlimited data

    I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and I want to use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop. I havent gotten the latest update said to break the Hotspot thing that people are using I'm still on MJ7. Do I even need to do that since I'm on unlimited data cant I just turn on the hotspot and be happy? Really need some help guys
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Hotspot isn't free unless you do the workaround or get rid of your unlimited plan. Use stock Mobile Hotspot app on Verizon without subscription
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    You must use the trick. If not Verizon wants you to pay $30 extra a month to use "official" tethering.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Fox-Fi has continued to work after the most recent update. I'm using the paid version because it doesn't limit data.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    drt777's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    For those who are ROOTED with the VZW MJE version of software, there's a hack you can use that's listed in . Make sure you are on PAGE 2 of the XDA post and scroll down to user SURGE1223. If you replace the file in the SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK folder with his hacked file, it turns on the hotspot without first checking for compliance!!!

    MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ... specifically copying the file to the SYSTEM folder first, then changing permissions, and finally dropping it into the SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK folder; failure to comply will lead to a bootloop error!!!

    THANKS SURGE1223. The patched file works flawlessly.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Hotspot feature got fixed by Verizon.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Hotspot feature got fixed by Verizon.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    Yep... Unless you go the rooted way .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Newman View Post
    I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and I want to use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop. I havent gotten the latest update said to break the Hotspot thing that people are using I'm still on MJ7. Do I even need to do that since I'm on unlimited data cant I just turn on the hotspot and be happy? Really need some help guys
    foxfi is working.....it forced me to download the vpn cert and set a pin on the unlock screen, the hack for that seems to be gone and not working for me, but foxfi is working. i also have the paid foxfi app...totally worth it.
    areyes163 likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    foxfi is working.....it forced me to download the vpn cert and set a pin on the unlock screen, the hack for that seems to be gone and not working for me, but foxfi is working. i also have the paid foxfi app...totally worth it.
    Same here works for me

    Rockin my Note 3
  10. #10  
    ki11ak3nn's Avatar

    Posts
    453 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    foxfi is working.....it forced me to download the vpn cert and set a pin on the unlock screen, the hack for that seems to be gone and not working for me, but foxfi is working. i also have the paid foxfi app...totally worth it.
    It doesn't work all the time for me. It worked earlier when I showed my friend that she can use her phone as a hotspot. But isn't working now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled too. Still a no go.

    Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Quote Originally Posted by ki11ak3nn View Post
    It doesn't work all the time for me. It worked earlier when I showed my friend that she can use her phone as a hotspot. But isn't working now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled too. Still a no go.

    Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3
    the guy who posted on xda said he tried multiple times before it worked for him.... not sure whats up
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    I've been successful getting foxfi to work.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Anyone know how to reverse what foxfi does which is to require unlock code. Won't let me deselect it in settings on phone.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Anyone know how to reverse what foxfi does which is to require unlock code. Won't let me deselect it in settings on phone.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    If I recall correctly lead the same issue. I came across a thread in the forums that suggested changing the Pin security to a Pattern security.

    Once this is done, incorrectly use a different pattern 3-4 times and if all goes well you're present with an option to enter your Gmail account to unlock the security feature.

    I also came across using the "nosceenlock" option in the Foxfi hash field, did not work for me. Option one did. Good luck and please do a search for any of these keywords in the forums or net. Sorry I can't recall specifically where I came across option one for the fix?

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Sorry for the typos! - Ricardo 😊

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    FoxFi Paid worked for me last night thanks guys
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Quote Originally Posted by rrabago View Post
    If I recall correctly lead the same issue. I came across a thread in the forums that suggested changing the Pin security to a Pattern security.

    Once this is done, incorrectly use a different pattern 3-4 times and if all goes well you're present with an option to enter your Gmail account to unlock the security feature.

    I also came across using the "nosceenlock" option in the Foxfi hash field, did not work for me. Option one did. Good luck and please do a search for any of these keywords in the forums or net. Sorry I can't recall specifically where I came across option one for the fix?

    Posted via Android Central App
    That didn't give me access back. I don't like how foxfi has control of my phone now.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Got it unlocked

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    rrabago likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Hotspot with unlimited data

    Try this worked for me.



    Rockin my Note 3
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with mega 6.3
    By alberto soares in forum Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 01:04 PM
  2. The Gear with Galaxy Note 2 4.3 TMobile
    By Sammuel1973 in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 10:06 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 09:11 PM
  4. Blinkfeed with Kit Kat Launcher
    By vickyso4 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 04:25 PM
  5. Anyone Using Battery Doctor with their N5?
    By CompMan2012 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions

B