OTA Update MJ7 to MJE - Any Negative Results?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If you've chosen the update but haven't installed it, how long can you delay it? Only 24 hours?

Posted via Android Central App

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
FoxFi seems to working on wi-fi as well. I say "seems to be" because this was the first time I got the warning screen that others have written about in the past. I just backed out of it and didn't click any of the buttons. I am definitely connected to my computer and I just checked my account and Hot Spot is still not part of my plan. That doesn't mean that it won't be triggered going forward though so caveat emptor.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
ok so i did find i had a broken foxfi wifi after update, bluetooth worked but the wifi gave the verizon subscription prompt.....uninstalled foxfi and then reinstalled and it seems to be working ok now....

bitingmad pre eater

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Updated 3:30am, posted 5:54am

Verified and reset to on/checked; Voice control in settings, checked... Incoming, Alarm, Camera, Music.

S Voice settings reset to on/checked; Wake up command, Voice wake-up, Wake up in secured lock (the only setting not already checked)

Still no "Hi Galaxy" response in dark screen :( ....Screen on, response normal.

A possible feature change to eliminate the occasional arbitrary/accidental activations that used to occur and amuse me?

SM-N900V MJE LA, CA

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife's note 3 was updated this morning and she says that the earpiece volume during calls is now lower than before. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine went up from a max of around 30 to a max of 59. Upload has just about doubled. Fastest was about 16 as opposed to 8.

aslondon

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
audio seems to be down slightly both thru the speaker and headphones. Also, I seem to remember the equalizer tube amp option working thru the speaker as well as external speakers and headphones, now it works ONLY on external outputs.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So two times now I have left my phone on the charger and come back to it fully charged but the green light is not on. When I wake up the phone it bypasses the lock screen totally. After unplugging it continues to do this until I pull the battery.

Also yesterday I could not wake the phone up at all and had to do a battery pull.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My 4g is horrible now. More 3g than 4g. Time to go to Verizon.

I too noticed this after the latest update. At home everything is still fine, but at work, my signal strength has gotten noticeably worse and and I started falling back to 3G. I have a corner office on the top floor, so windows all around. I switched back to my iPhone 5 yesterday just so I could have some LTE. This is very frustrating. I thought the update was supposed to improve connectivity, not make it worse.