Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By teleburst
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By mark425
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default N900VVRUBMJE update disables hotspot widget loophole and hidden menu access

For those considering getting the latest update, please be ware that the loophole to get mobile hotspot by using a third party widget has been disabled.

Also, the hidden menu allowing you to force the phone to 3g or 2g has been disabled as well.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: N900VVRUBMJE update disables hotspot widget loophole and hidden menu access

Fox-Fi is working for me after this most current update.

Posted via Android Central App
    rrabago likes this.

Default Re: N900VVRUBMJE update disables hotspot widget loophole and hidden menu access

i had to uninstall and then reinstall foxfi ....working now and didn't have to jump through the vpn certificate or change the hash code. someone on xda said they had to uninstall and reinstall a few times before getting it to work again. made foxfi is already addressing the new update

I didn't have to do anything other than back out of the splash screen. The first time I started Fox-Fi before the update, I didn't get the splash screen that everyone was talking about in previous pre-update threads, so that was different.

Last edited by teleburst; 12-11-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Same here.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Reinstalled Foxfi and all is well

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When you say the hidden menu is disabled does that mean entering *#oo11# won't work any more for us rooted guys if we take the update
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Scheigert View Post
    When you say the hidden menu is disabled does that mean entering *#oo11# won't work any more for us rooted guys if we take the update
    I am referring to bone stock only. The *#oo11# was disabled from the original software. This update blocks the *#*#4636#*#* which brings you to the hidden test menu which allowed you to choose which 3g only or 2g only and looks similar to this, though this is from a different device. This is the error message that I get when accessing it from the advanced signal status app

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N900VVRUBMJE update disables hotspot widget loophole and hidden menu access-uploadfromtaptalk1386854899328.jpg  
    mark425 likes this.

I currently am rooted and can access the *#0011# to see what band I am on. If I update to the new firmware will I still be able to access *#0011#

So foxfi does appear to be working for some? And you dont have to have the certificates installed? Dont need a password screen lock? Are you using the paid version or free version? I've been delaying the update for quite awhile, not having foxfi allowed to work is one reason holding me back.

Quote Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
    So foxfi does appear to be working for some? And you dont have to have the certificates installed? Dont need a password screen lock? Are you using the paid version or free version? I've been delaying the update for quite awhile, not having foxfi allowed to work is one reason holding me back.
    i have the paid version....i ended up having to install the vpn certs....but there is a work around for the pin lock.....

set a pattern lock and try to unlock the phone with a "bad pattern" for 5-10 times, it will show you an error message, now select "Forgot Pattern?" and enter your gmail/password. it will then take you back to the screen unlock settings...just hit the back button and it leaves you with no screen unlock and yet the foxfi works...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Foxfi works for me now too, but I can't use the widget to start the hotspot. I have to start from the actual Foxfi app. Which kinda sucks but at least I still have my hotspot.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

ROM
    stock

I've been trying to get the pass lock to go away but the bad pass code trick isn't working for me. I donít get the option to add my google account, any ideas.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark425 View Post
    I've been trying to get the pass lock to go away but the bad pass code trick isn't working for me. I donít get the option to add my google account, any ideas.

Are you using pattern lock?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    stock

No, I'm using a pin# should I change it to a pattern?

ROM
    stock

Ok, so I changed from a pin to a pattern lock and now I am able to go back to swipe unlock. Man that was frustrating. Thanks

Markster1 likes this.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Just FYI. SVTP wireless hotspot is working for me since VZW scrwed us. No widget but hotspot functional.

I can't seem to get foxfi to work. I tried to reinstall a few times and the messages comes up to contact verizon. Any help would be appreciated.
    XXI

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

So this screen pops up wanting me to install something for FiFox and asks for a name then next screen wants a password. I have no clue what they want cause I used this before and was never asked (I have a paid version)

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N900VVRUBMJE update disables hotspot widget loophole and hidden menu access-1388690822408.jpg   N900VVRUBMJE update disables hotspot widget loophole and hidden menu access-1388690837053.jpg   N900VVRUBMJE update disables hotspot widget loophole and hidden menu access-1388690859260.jpg