Email Notification Issue and a couple of other issues.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone! Hope all is well :) Have a couple of issues and was hoping for some insight.

I am running the VZW Stock Rooted MJE ROM from Scottsroms

1) I am experiencing an issue with email notifications and was hoping someone experienced the same and resolved it. I have my corporate email setup on my phone and when receiving a new email, I see the notification in the status bar so I pull it down, open it then receive the "Unfortunately, Email has stopped' message. Press OK, then select the email icon from the desktop and I am able to read the email. Anyone else experience this issue? All other notifications work fine.

2) The other issue I am experiencing that I have seen posted on here and several other forums is Google Play and YouTube streaming/downloading at very slow speeds while on WiFi. This only seems to happen to me at night (say around 10PM MST) I am in AZ and use Cox Cable for internet....I mention that because people who reported the same issue seem to have the same setup. I never came across a definite reason for the issue and was just wondering if there was something else I could do. I downloaded the DNS changer app and it helped a little, but not too much.

3) Not sure if the previous 2 issues are are because of the following, but I used Kingo to root my phone, and Safe Strap in order to apply custom ROMS. I ended up applying the custom ROM to the Stock ROM slot before reading that was not suggested. Haven't tried applying the ROM to another slot yet, but just wondered if this may be the reason for the issues I am experiencing. I am tempted to 'unroot' if possible, but not sure how.

Thanks in advance! AC and its participants have always been very friendly and willing to assist, much appreciated!

Happy Holidays!