Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Root MJE?

Is there a way to root my note 3 while running the lastest firmware MJE? Or am I out of luck until someone figures a new method out?
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Root MJE?

I rooted with Kingo. There was some controversy over it over on XDA but I think it was resolved.

I had originally rooted with the de la Vega method but since I updated to the latest I used Kingo and it worked with no issues at all.
    Thanked by:

Kingo is the only method actually I think

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by biggerfasterstronger24 View Post
    Kingo is the only method actually I think

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye680 View Post
    I rooted with Kingo. There was some controversy over it over on XDA but I think it was resolved.

I had originally rooted with the de la Vega method but since I updated to the latest I used Kingo and it worked with no issues at all.
    Thanks guys now I just have to find a windows computer to use kingo on lol

I think there are other ways but they trip the Knox counter.

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Newman View Post
    Thanks guys now I just have to find a windows computer to use kingo on lol
    Find a friend. :-)

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

This may help...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye680 View Post

So Kingo worked fine? I was hesitant after they pulled the kids from xda

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

yup worked perfectly fine I updated super user and re rommed so its perfect now

yup worked perfectly fine I updated super user and re rommed so its perfect now
    Did it trip Knox?? Only thing that's causing me to hesitate on rooting..
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Nope didn't trip Knox as soon as I rooted I checked it it said 0x0

Did you have to click to allow mkt camera?

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Did you have to click to allow mkt camera?

Yea but I didn't see it installed on my phone, but I've wiped and flashed so much since then I don't think it's even there anymore.

Nope didn't trip Knox as soon as I rooted I checked it it said 0x0
    One last question. So I JUST rooted using Kingo and everything went great, what I was wondering was, if you install a custom ROM, does that trip Knox?? Or am I free to flash all the ROMS I want??
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Fdz View Post
    One last question. So I JUST rooted using Kingo and everything went great, what I was wondering was, if you install a custom ROM, does that trip Knox?? Or am I free to flash all the ROMS I want??
    Just for you I read this post and turned my phone off and booted it into download mode. Knox hasn't been tripped. I have only flashed clean rom 1.5 and I had no Knox problems but I'm currently running stock rooted.

Thanked by:

I am going to try it more, this bloatware is killing me

Posted via my Note 3

Is it still working I'm new to rooting so this is all new to me I just converted from iPhones jailbreaking etc just trying to take this all in before I jump in

Any thoughts on why I am receiving root failed when following the Kingo Root process? I have tried several times and get the same issue. It says Root Failed Not Support

Quote Originally Posted by rdubb76 View Post
    Any thoughts on why I am receiving root failed when following the Kingo Root process? I have tried several times and get the same issue. It says Root Failed Not Support
    The first couple times I tried to root it kept on failing. Then I saw that something pops up on the screen asking permission to install during the whole root process. After I allowed that to continue I had finally rooted successfully, that could be your issue there. Another thing is to make sure you have debugging mode enabled. Apart from that everything should be fine..

Quote Originally Posted by loyde2000 View Post
    Is it still working I'm new to rooting so this is all new to me I just converted from iPhones jailbreaking etc just trying to take this all in before I jump in
    Yup, I can confirm that this still works to this date. The great thing about Kingo is with this one tool you can root AND unroot your phone. So in case you want to take your phone in for warranty issues, all you have to do is plug your phone in and a button that says UNROOT comes up and, voila, you're back to normal. By far the easiest root method I've ever used.

Just for you I read this post and turned my phone off and booted it into download mode. Knox hasn't been tripped. I have only flashed clean rom 1.5 and I had no Knox problems but I'm currently running stock rooted.

Yeah, for now I guess I'm sticking to the stock rooted ROM. I didn't want to trip Knox because I wanted to add insurance to my phone but today I went to Geek Squad and was told that, even with insurance, if I were to make a claim, I would be charged a $150 deductible since it's a higher end phone, so no insurance for me. Guess I can trip Knox all I want now, but I think I'm just gonna wait until Cyanogenmod releases a ROM for the Note 3 or wait for a Kit-Kat upgrade. Thanks for all your help!! I'll randomly check back and assist anyone else with any issues they may be having to the best of my abilities as a token of appreciation!

Yup, I can confirm that this still works to this date. The great thing about Kingo is with this one tool you can root AND unroot your phone. So in case you want to take your phone in for warranty issues, all you have to do is plug your phone in and a button that says UNROOT comes up and, voila, you're back to normal. By far the easiest root method I've ever used.
    I'm still nervous about what data kingo is taking from my phone a d what they're doing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I'm still nervous about what data kingo is taking from my phone a d what they're doing with it.

ive updated my version to MJ7 have you encounter any problem about this?

A couple months ago I updated to MJ7 but now my phone bugs me everyday asking if I want to update again. originally I rooted with dela Vega and when I updated to MJ7 it screwed up the root so I went with Kingo and that worked just fine but I'm wondering if anyone has done the newest update from MJ7 to MJE, I need to know if it stayed rooted and should I unroot with Kingo before I do the update or what? I updated while rooted with my last phone and it screwed it up so I'm a little worried to update again while rooted.

Yeah, for now I guess I'm sticking to the stock rooted ROM. I didn't want to trip Knox because I wanted to add insurance to my phone but today I went to Geek Squad and was told that, even with insurance, if I were to make a claim, I would be charged a $150 deductible since it's a higher end phone, so no insurance for me. Guess I can trip Knox all I want now, but I think I'm just gonna wait until Cyanogenmod releases a ROM for the Note 3 or wait for a Kit-Kat upgrade. Thanks for all your help!! I'll randomly check back and assist anyone else with any issues they may be having to the best of my abilities as a token of appreciation!
    I'm running safestrap and have not tripped the knox
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast