Gear questions

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Any way to change notification sounds?

Any way to get more weather info like hourly forecast or weather map?

Any way to check gear battery % from phone?

Any good games? I wish bejeweled blitz were available for gear.

What can s voice do on gear? I assume it can't scan the internet?

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Any way to change notification sounds?

Any way to get more weather info like hourly forecast or weather map?

Any way to check gear battery % from phone?

Any good games? I wish bejeweled blitz were available for gear.

What can s voice do on gear? I assume it can't scan the internet?

check over on xda.....there is a lot you can do if you side load through wondershare including nova launcher.....theres threads on tethering.... and they have a rom for the gear that gives a ton of options... [ROM] null_ 15 / 14TH DEC [ AROMA / ROOTED / DEODEXED ] - xda-developers

i side loaded a few apps and games but after the, this is fun, wore off i decided that truly i just need the gear to do what it does....sure candy crush works but in the end if i'm going to play a game i'm going to play it on my phone....

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I would like to change notification sounds but I don't want to risk rooting my watch. I haven't bothered with rooting since my thunderbolt. I find it unnecessary in modern devices.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I would like to change notification sounds but I don't want to risk rooting my watch. I haven't bothered with rooting since my thunderbolt. I find it unnecessary in modern devices.

you can side load apps with wondershare without rooting....however to get some of the functionality you were asking about the rom is the thing that does the trick...i'm not sure that the anticipation was that the watch would ring.....i like that my watch vibrates but remains quite....my phone can still be heard with its ringtone if i'm in the same room. if you had one ringtone on watch and another on phone they would be obnoxious everytime you got a call or notification.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You might want to consider posting this on the Galaxy gear forum under wearables. Not many apps to choose from as of yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20