1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My APPS can I disable delete or??

in applications are all these really needed? also the my apps can any or both areas have items either disabled or deleted seems like I keep getting some new apps and or some are updated . most of the samsung apps like watch on or ? they call it can they be removed like you can in iPhone yet can be re installed by clicking on the app?

as you can see still learning and am not sure if deleting is correct approach.

also I would like to get some apps from play store but stop when they say this app can track and use information and track using GPS am I just paranoid or am I correct in not downloading them.

Thanks in advance for any help on this as I am only a 2 week old user of a note 3 and android os.

Default Re: My APPS can I disable delete or??

May I suggest that you review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...14-part-i.html

Apps that are preinstalled on your device (often called "bloatware") can't be uninstalled unless you root the device (which is like jailbreaking an iPhone). If you're unrooted, then the best you can do is to disable the app, which you can do by opening your App Manager (or going to Settings>Apps), selecting the app in question, and tapping "Disable." This will prevent the app from opening, which can free up system RAM to allow room for other apps to reside in memory.

Many apps from the Play Store have various permissions. Some of them may sound scary, but realistically, if you want an app that adjusts to your location, then it will need permission to track your location. Just be smart about what you install. If it's a well-established app with over a million downloads with lots of 5 star ratings, you should be fine. If it's only been downloaded a few hundred times, if the app promises a lot of things that are too good to be true, if the reviews seem fishy, then avoid it like the plague.

Have fun!