Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Johnny Umphress
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NFC Stickers

Has anyone used them? And what do you use them for?

Trying to play and use and learn my Note 3 to it's potential.

Former IPhone Man...

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: NFC Stickers

I recorded one to turn off all sounds and stuck it on the door going into our Church sanctuary. That way all our Android friends can easily silence their phones as they come in and then turn them back to ring when they leave. We have far more Android worshipers than iPhone. You can also record one to turn on Bluetooth when you get in your car, mine syncs to me truck's sound system, and then turn it back off when you get out on the car. That saves some battery drain not running Bluetooth all the time.

You have to be careful when you buy some of these NFC chips as there are several compatibility issues. Do a little Google searching and you will easily see which one is right for you.

I purchases some from Amazon. All nfc chips are not compatible with note 3. The ones I purchased were Whiz tags and specified good for Note 3. The more memory the tag has the more it will do. Don't get stuck with low memory chips, it's not much more for the larger ones. I believe I got a key chain with one inside and 10 more for about $15.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have a Note 3 + Trigger App + NFC tags from .
    The NTAG203 NFC chip enough memory for 2-4 tasks like changing volumes, adjusting brightness, setting alarms, launching Apps, etc.

What app are you guys using with these? (To read and write)

How about to control triggers?

NFC Smart Q

If you use Tasker, You don't have to right to the tag at all and if in an office environment different users can use the tag for different things. If you use an app like Tasker, when it scans the tag, the tag number will cause whatever actions are associated with it in Tasker. You can reuse task this way as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GANote3 View Post
    If you use Tasker, You don't have to right to the tag at all and if in an office environment different users can use the tag for different things. If you use an app like Tasker, when it scans the tag, the tag number will cause whatever actions are associated with it in Tasker. You can reuse task this way as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    This is exactly what I'm trying to figure out..is tasker the same as trigger? Looks like trigger doesn't need nfc, but seems if the trigger is a nfc sticker, the trigger app can run the same script as one would download to a tag.looks like android itself is what drives the actions when reading from a nfc with the actions written to the tag.

Trigger
    and NXP Tag Writer
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by alicechong7789 View Post
    Trigger
    and NXP Tag Writer
    so I've been playing around with trigger .. so far I like it (interface and functions). only one blip I would change in it (have to email the author). thanks for the links...

edit: 'blip' seems to be that if I set up a script with a switch in it (@ end), then try to remove the switch portion of the script later, after writing the script to the tag, I can't blank out the switch script name and resave the script or write it to the tag .. my script seems to have a switch permanently associated with it. yet, if I create a new script and never add a switch, it's fine. (I could be using it wrong too, is possible).