Anyone having trouble charging since last update?

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So since the last update, in addition to a drastic decrease in battery life, I can no longer use any of my generic chargers as my phone now says something like "unauthorized charger" and disables the charge. Anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
What happened to your oem charger.

Still have it, but I like to keep a backup one downstairs, and I also have a generic car charger that worked until the last update. The point isn't that I don't have the OEM charger, but I'm pretty sure you're intelligent enough to know that.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
With the latest update, no issues so far using an OEM Note 2 cable connected to my vehicle stereo USB port, or an old BlackBerry cable connected to an external USB hub. Those are both USB 2 types.

Perhaps there's a certain voltage or signal integrity threshold in the current updates FW and USB driver that triggers the message -if a certain level is not met.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just checked two different 2.0s. One is an older Samsung so that probably doesn't count (ironically, purchased to charge my old RAZR). The other, a dirt cheap random charger. It worked fine.

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
You might try switching out different cables with different wall charges...Also try them out on different devices to make sure they are working correctly. This is a problem that shouldn't be happening. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I just suddenly started getting this message with my car charger out of the blue. No idea why. It's a Verizon charger and the high Amp.

Big Red Note 3

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just suddenly started getting this message with my car charger out of the blue. No idea why. It's a Verizon charger and the high Amp.

Big Red Note 3

Same charger type as me. This is really annoying and I'm positive it's tied to the update that also ruined my battery life.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My car charger works but sometimes my oem cable doesn't. Connects fine to computer but may have to plug and unplug several times to start cha4ging.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Shae Ackerson

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the LG G2 and am also having the 'charger' problem as well as the battery life being zapped since the last update. I have only had this phone since Sept 14 so I'm not even a year in and this phone is driving me bat**** crazy. I also have a really bad lag on loading apps and have had issues with texts sending. It's really aggravating!