Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BasPilot
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera focus issues

When i open my camera and take the first picture, its generally out of focus. But then when I take the second picture it is in focus. Any idea why? When i open the camera app, the blue box appears in the middle of the picture and then goes away and the camera stops functioning. Then when I take the next picture its fine.
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Default Re: Camera focus issues

As a person who has spend thousands of hours troubleshooting stuff I would say that the first thing you should do is try the most simple solution first. The most simple here, just make sure the lens is clean. My wife gets crap all over hers all the time and is constantly sending really crappy pictures. I tell her to wipe her lens and things change usually. It totally may not be a problem at all, but give it a shot.

Also, if you tap your screen it should come up with the green box around what you've focused. If you see red, it's bad. Again, simplicity is typically where people forget to go. Solving a math problem for 3 hours and you're pulling your hair out you just need to look back and realize you copied the thing wrong from the book... GOOD LUCK
    Thanked by 2:
    Shane Dowler likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BasPilot View Post
    As a person who has spend thousands of hours troubleshooting stuff I would say that the first thing you should do is try the most simple solution first. The most simple here, just make sure the lens is clean. My wife gets crap all over hers all the time and is constantly sending really crappy pictures. I tell her to wipe her lens and things change usually. It totally may not be a problem at all, but give it a shot.

Also, if you tap your screen it should come up with the green box around what you've focused. If you see red, it's bad. Again, simplicity is typically where people forget to go. Solving a math problem for 3 hours and you're pulling your hair out you just need to look back and realize you copied the thing wrong from the book... GOOD LUCK
    Thank you. I did not know how to get the square back once it disappears. Now it works wonderfully.

Wherever you tap screen is where green box will appear
    ⛄🐍

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by BasPilot View Post
    If you see red, it's bad
    did not know that...thanks so much!