Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  • 1 Post By Dog5000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Loving my new Note 3 but...

Can someone tell me how to get rid of all this bloatware? As soon as I turn the thing on it requested to update which I allowed, but only after rebooting did I realize the update was just to install more bloatware. Any way I can do this without rooting? Thanks.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Loving my new Note 3 but...

Quote Originally Posted by jorGeorge View Post
    Can someone tell me how to get rid of all this bloatware? As soon as I turn the thing on it requested to update which I allowed, but only after rebooting did I realize the update was just to install more bloatware. Any way I can do this without rooting? Thanks.
    Here you go: [GUIDE] How to Disable Apps

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by jorGeorge View Post
    Open App Drawer > Find the Bloat > Long Press and Hold and it will drag to the home screen. Without letting go drag it to the top where it says App Info then let go. Remember if you let go prior to thks it doesn't allow this > Turn Off.

Most of the bloat let's you do this. That's the best option we have and the icon disappears.

You can also go to Settings > Apps > All and click on each app and disable. I just find it easier by dragging since I can see with my eyes what's taking up my drawer.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    Thanked by 2:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Good thread. Was just thinking more about this today. Here's what I've disabled so far via the "Turn Off" option.

Amazon MP3
    Caller Name ID
    Cloud
    Gmail
    Google Play Games
    Google Play Music
    NFL Mobile
    S Health
    Verizon Support and Protection
    Verizon Tones
    VZ Navigator

I'd like to zap more things like My Magazine, but looks like this one has been locked as a system app. There's another thread discussing My Magazine, so won't go into details on this here.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    Good thread. Was just thinking more about this today. Here's what I've disabled so far via the "Turn Off" option.

Amazon MP3
    Caller Name ID
    Cloud
    Gmail
    Google Play Games
    Google Play Music
    NFL Mobile
    S Health
    Verizon Support and Protection
    Verizon Tones
    VZ Navigator

I'd like to zap more things like My Magazine, but looks like this one has been locked as a system app. There's another thread discussing My Magazine, so won't go into details on this here.
    My Magazine is sadly forced on us. I disabled it from using the home key double tap within the My Magazine settings so I rarely see it thankfully.

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    My Magazine is sadly forced on us. I disabled it from using the home key double tap within the My Magazine settings so I rarely see it thankfully.

My workaround is using Nova Prime and setting the up swipe gesture to recent apps. Stops my magazine from opening up and it's also much easier IMO than long pressing the home button.
    Thanked by: