Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By daves221
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Re: Otterbox or Incipio?

I've had the otterbox commuter case for my last 3 phones and now again for the Note 3... I think these cases are great and have done an awesome job at protecting my phone... and trust me I've dropped my phones a lot.

As for the other case, I've never owned them so I couldn't tell you how they are.

Posted via Android Central App

Can't comment on the Otterbox, but I have used the Incipio dualpro case. I like it better than the spigen slim armor because it feels smaller, maybe due to rounded edges. It is a dual layer case and provides dual layer protection on 3 of the 4 corners. The spigen slim armor didn't provide dual layer protection on any corner, though it is pretty thick. The gray part is a little loose though and a dust magnet. The lip on the Incipio is higher than the spigen. My only concern is that the lower left corner is only single layer and a little loose. If it fell at the right angle and with enough force, I think that the case might come off.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I have both and the commuter I feel offers better protection. The Incipio uses a softer rubber material that can be easily pushed off the edge of the phone where it should be protecting if dropped. That said I have not had my phone damaged while using the incipio. I do prefer the look of yhe incipio but after 2 weeks of use I went out and purchased the otterbox. It fits more securely and I have been using it happily ever since. Notthe best looking case out there but from a protection to usability standpoint otterbox hits the mark.

Had the Slim Armor on till the Defender came out love the look of the Armor but the back was to slick for me with just one arm. I got a great deal on my Defender due to them charging my card for 4 of the Defender instead of 1 called up talked to supervisor who gave 50% of for the mistake. I ordered the light blue which was nice change I alway remove the built in screen protector and install a HD one. This time I did purchase a glass protector to put on haven't done it. Anyone else think the charging port plug put a lot of pressure on the charging cord when plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post
    Had the Slim Armor on till the Defender came out love the look of the Armor but the back was to slick for me with just one arm. I got a great deal on my Defender due to them charging my card for 4 of the Defender instead of 1 called up talked to supervisor who gave 50% of for the mistake. I ordered the light blue which was nice change I alway remove the built in screen protector and install a HD one. This time I did purchase a glass protector to put on haven't done it. Anyone else think the charging port plug put a lot of pressure on the charging cord when plugged in.

They are about the same size and the build quality is twice as strong on the Commuter. Not only that it won't scratch

As far as the OtterBox cases I've seen, they make the phone HUGE! I've had the Incipio cases mainly because they give very similar protection but a LOT less bulk added to the phone. I had it for my GS3 and now my N3. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by biggerfasterstronger24 View Post
    They are about the same size and the build quality is twice as strong on the Commuter. Not only that it won't scratch

Spigen slim armor is poor build quality. Mine developed a crack when removing the case. Got a replacement, and the replacement case had a crack right out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Spigen slim armor is poor build quality. Mine developed a crack when removing the case. Got a replacement, and the replacement case had a crack right out of the bag.

I almost bought one but I have heard these complaints

I purchased the commuter case the day it came out but ended up returning it. It offers great protection and fits very well but the back and sides did not offer enough grip. It was a textured hard plastic shell that was slippery to me. I ended up purchasing the Trident Aegis case as my heavy duty one. It has equal if not superior protection and rubber in key gripping areas. I know it's not for everyone but it works for me!

Thinnest and lightest=incipio ;best protection=otterbox

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

I bought the OtterBox Commuter when I bought the Note 3, but found the OtterBox Defender a few days later and switched to that because I really like the way the belt clip doubles as a stand for hands-free viewing.

Alma

I can not speak on either of these cases but I've had many cases on many phones. I decided to look to eBay and found this GEM for my Note3. It is a 3 piece case. I fits GREAT, the case is strong, snug, and will not break putting it on or taking it off. All 4 corners are well protected. The case is easy to grip but does not attract lint and junk. I am NOT the seller of these, I figured for 10 bucks, if I don't like it...no big loss. I am 100% satisfied. Perhaps it could be a third option to the two mentioned above.

Have had both … otter box the silicone stretched out and the only way to get warranty was proof of purchase pic of stretched part etc etc etc….. changed to incipio love the case we'll see if I need warrantee service. I probably have purchase 10 Otterbox cases ,, Guess I don't need to do that anymore

Otterbox commuter for the past two weeks..quite enjoying it..fit is excellent as is the protection..only thing to note is paying the buttons at bottom of screen sometimes takes a little more attention due to the lip of the case

tanker8764 likes this.

I have the incipio and I love it. Outbox is too big imo.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I went with Incipio. The Otterbox case adds so much bulk to the phone and makes it even more unwieldy.

I the dimensions of both cases are in this list

Case dimensions comparison chart