Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - Remember browser settings won't stick.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I open a link or something it gives me the option to select with browser to use then you can make it the default browser. I always make chrome the default. Well it never remembers the settings unlike every other Android phone I have. It promps for me to choose which browser everytime I open up something in the web. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 2

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm well this can't be good. Wonder what the deal is. Are you rooted or no?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

JordanHardey

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
If you open up task manager > clear defaults and clear that on a regular basis when you are clearing up RAM... it will automatically ask you each time if you want to open something as a default.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same problem. Clearing defaults seems to be the exactly opposite of what's needed. So, is there a solution?

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Are you selecting the Samsung browser or a third party browser? It does not keep chrome selected as default for me; I have to select it every time I open a link. However, if I choose Samsung and click it as default it remembers every time until I remove the defaults.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Chrome never sticks yet every other Samsung phone I've ever had this is never a problem. Man it's really annoying.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
If you open up task manager > clear defaults and clear that on a regular basis when you are clearing up RAM... it will automatically ask you each time if you want to open something as a default.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I never do that.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
is the play store recently updating any of the browsers? if so, then it will always ask you to choose a default web browser. I have xscope, stock, chrome, firefox, and dolphin, and when ever one updates, i get the option to choose a default browser, also when you remove a browser, it comes up with this pop up message.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
is the play store recently updating any of the browsers? if so, then it will always ask you to choose a default web browser. I have xscope, stock, chrome, firefox, and dolphin, and when ever one updates, i get the option to choose a default browser, also when you remove a browser, it comes up with this pop up message.

I thought of that to. However if I go to Google Now and search something and then click a link it will ask what browser to open it in. Either Samsung or Chrome. So then I'll select Chrome and tell it to remember.

Afterwards I'll do another search... Moments later and select another link and it will ask again.

It doesn't do this every time, but it does still ask more than it should.

Navigation used to do that on my Galaxy S 3 as well. It would choose not to remember Google Maps like it was trying to push me into using Verizon Navigator.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok another thing could be, it might do that on different websites. If you search for msn news, it may ask you to choose a web browser for the link. So in the future msn news shall work with the chosen web browser. But if you search for superman and get directed to supermanhomepage.com, it will ask you to choose a web browser to access the website, but in the future it shouldnt, since it is saved as the web browser to use for that website.

It should be like this, in theory but i have had it happen when i search for a video in google amd every time i choose the link to youtube, it asks me to choose what app to use. But once i chose it, that video will open on the desire app. But a different video wull ask me again.

tjtweeker

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having a similar issue but with photo attachments in the Hangouts app. It never remembers my 'Complete action using' choice even when i choose always. I think I've been seeing this in another app as well but can't remember which. I'll post again when I figure it out.

Posted via Android Central App

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
When I open a link from another app it asks me which asp I want to open it with, asks every time or just once thrn tells me how to clear defaults. It's annoying, especially when I'm on Reddit.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Nobody does. It just causes much more inconvenience than good. And I'm sure by now everyone knows these battery saver apps use more battery then if not using them. I don't think any android power user uses such apps that refresh memory ram. Specialy a one that will remove all your defults 😨

Is there a solution to this? I've not had the problem before. But just yesterday on my note 4 Google request I select a browser single use or defults. But it won't remember any. Not just chrome. YouTube play store imdb. Netflix.none of them.

It absolutely must be a bug in the new Google app which got a recent update for a stupid new icon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user