Trouble with iPhones texting me

JordanHardey

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Some of my friends with iPhones are having trouble sending me texts... Lots of times they send me one and it tries to send it as an iMessage and it says it goes through but I never receive the message... Some others it doesnt send and they have to hold the message and manually send it as a Text message not iMessage... Why does this happen...? I "think" I found a reason, but I am not sure... I believe that if I am labeled in their contacts as a Home number instead of a Mobile or iPhone number it adjusts their iPhones for them and I can get the texts... anyone else heard of this problem or what causes it?

Sorry if this doesnt make sense... its kind of hard to explain... ask if you have questions about what im talking about

Thanks!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Some of my friends with iPhones are having trouble sending me texts... Lots of times they send me one and it tries to send it as an iMessage and it says it goes through but I never receive the message... Some others it doesnt send and they have to hold the message and manually send it as a Text message not iMessage... Why does this happen...? I "think" I found a reason, but I am not sure... I believe that if I am labeled in their contacts as a Home number instead of a Mobile or iPhone number it adjusts their iPhones for them and I can get the texts... anyone else heard of this problem or what causes it?

Sorry if this doesnt make sense... its kind of hard to explain... ask if you have questions about what im talking about

Thanks!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...tercepting-texts-after-switching-android.html

Shane Dowler

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
When I called Apple and asked them to remove my previous iPhone number from their database it worked for me in a couple of hours. It was free. I didn't have to pay for support

Posted via my Note 3

rzrectd

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My wife had to turn off i message on her iPhone to text her daughter on a android phone cause daughter Was not getting text...

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay