Galaxy Note 3 FoxFi screen lock can't be turned off?

S Sullivan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I installed FoxFi and later found out it isn't what I thought it was. It installed a lock screen with the app. I have uninstalled the app, cleared all credentials, tried the enter bad password routine repeatedly and still can't get rid of the annoying screen lock. Any ideas?

mdebone

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
After you set up lock screen for foxfi turn screen off then back on. Keep doing the wrong code or pattern until it says can retry In 30 seconds. Hit 'forgot password' enter your Gmail and password and it will open up security. Change lock screen back to swipe and you are all set.

invincible1914

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
You also have have to remove FoxFi from your trusted credentials even after uninstalling in order to fully regain your lockscreen. Settings>Security>Trusted Credentials.... under the User Tab click select FoxFi Inc scroll down select Remove

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How do I get passed this. Where do I get the password for credentials storage?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1389478447375.jpg
    1389478447375.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 1389478465506.jpg
    1389478465506.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 1389478489434.jpg
    1389478489434.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 96

mdebone

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just make a password. You won't need it. Then it will say you need to make a pattern lock. Then just follow instructions from the second post on this subject.

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just make a password. You won't need it. Then it will say you need to make a pattern lock. Then just follow instructions from the second post on this subject.

I put in a password and it says incorrect

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1389495041112.jpg
    1389495041112.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 91

Lightshield

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Note today, and I can't make this trick work. When I get the "please wait 30 seconds" message I never get a "forgot password" link. I entered my pin incorrectly 30 times and still didn't get that option. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Lightshield

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
FYI in case anyone else has this issue, I got it to work after selecting Pattern instead of Passcode lock. Entered the wrong pattern 5 times then hit the "forgot pattern" button. Entered Google info and it took me to a screen to select between Pass code, Pattern or Password locks with the others greyed out. I just hit the back button out to the home screen. Now FoxFi works And I have a regular swipe unlock screen. Good luck!

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
FYI in case anyone else has this issue, I got it to work after selecting Pattern instead of Passcode lock. Entered the wrong pattern 5 times then hit the "forgot pattern" button. Entered Google info and it took me to a screen to select between Pass code, Pattern or Password locks with the others greyed out. I just hit the back button out to the home screen. Now FoxFi works And I have a regular swipe unlock screen. Good luck!

Excellent post...and it works!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Victorious Vesper

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Note today, and I can't make this trick work. When I get the "please wait 30 seconds" message I never get a "forgot password" link. I entered my pin incorrectly 30 times and still didn't get that option. Any ideas?

Everyone is making it harder than it need be.
Once you do your Foxfi thing, go to settings and then security. Then go to the bottom where it lists credentials and clear them all. This clears all Samsung and or Google credentials barring you from making a pattern code or just slide lock.

Simple.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I bet you haven't tried that because once you choose to accept what foxfi does, clear credentials is no longer a working option.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I bet you haven't tried that because once you choose to accept what foxfi does, clear credentials is no longer a working option.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Sure it is...at least on my n3 it is still available. But, after clearing the credentials...FoxFi doesn't work until you reinstall them.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

colemas

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm also trying to get back to slide unlock after uninstalling foxfi. I've cleared credentials. All options are grayed out but pin and passcode. Nor do I ever get a "forgot password? " link.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
OK I found this threads.. I don't know what I did wrong... I made pattern password as I always like... I recently got Note 3 today and I remembered using Foxfi on Note 2 bfore a lot, and it worked just fine.. but for some reasons after creating Pattern password (like on Note 2) and then installed Foxfi then it asked me to install credentials, I clicked okay, then afterwards I created a pin password then for some reasons when I turn off my phone and turn it back on, there is NO pattern password available, only pin (only I know the password to)... how do I fix this? I prefer pattern but for some reasons Foxfi conflicted this..

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
That trick doesn't work anymore, or at leas not on my htc m8. The pop up comes on after five attempts, wait 30 seconds then you have another 5 attempts before the phone will reset everything and clear your data. There is a small line above the pattern lock that says this. I for one don't want to have a lock pattern and Foxfi forces us to have one for some ridiculous reason. Has anyone found a way around this with my current situation mentioned above? it's great that the got the hotspot working on Verizon but I won't use it with this mandatory lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret